kallend

Cars that appeal to jerks.

London86

Living in Texas, i've come to the conclusion it's always the ones who have huge trucks, modified to have giant wheels and massive suspension.

Oh, and they also have a ridiculous exhaust which makes their vehicle sound like a tractor ploughing a field

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

******************WINNER**********

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They are all driven by 18-30 year old white male knuckeheads that think the world is designed to accommodate them.

turtlespeed

MG's must be neutral - Jerky sometimes and not jerky sometimes.:)

Depends on how good you are with a clutch... :P

In truth, I don't seem to mind jerky drivers as much as the mindless zombie drivers we seem to have in WA. No turn signals, no paying attention, no clue how to handle a 4 way stop or a traffic circle. :S

HapHazard

***In SoCal the #1 spot on my list would have to be the white Ford F-150.

Ford F-150's are the most popular selling vehicle in America. And white is the most popular vehicle color.

Therefore, your observation really doesn't mean anything. If jerks were distributed evenly amongst all cars, you would see more of them in white F-150's simply because there are more of those on the road than any other type of vehicle. Not because jerks prefer them for some reason. You would also see more careful drivers in white F-150's.

Yes, but no one notices careful drivers that are not jerks. :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

quade

******In SoCal the #1 spot on my list would have to be the white Ford F-150.

Ford F-150's are the most popular selling vehicle in America. And white is the most popular vehicle color.

Therefore, your observation really doesn't mean anything. If jerks were distributed evenly amongst all cars, you would see more of them in white F-150's simply because there are more of those on the road than any other type of vehicle. Not because jerks prefer them for some reason. You would also see more careful drivers in white F-150's.

WTF does that have to do with southern California? I specifically said SoCal. Without even looking it up I can nearly guarantee it's not the most popular selling vehicle there.

Well then, what is your theory for why jerks end up driving white F150's?

HapHazard

*********In SoCal the #1 spot on my list would have to be the white Ford F-150.

WTF does that have to do with southern California? I specifically said SoCal. Without even looking it up I can nearly guarantee it's not the most popular selling vehicle there.

Because that's what I see on the road. As clearly stated right up front, in southern California.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

HapHazard

***In SoCal the #1 spot on my list would have to be the white Ford F-150.

This is due to the fact that the US Gov't buys F-150's in droves...mostly white.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I learned the "pinky finger" signal from an Australian tourist who was visiting Vancouver. A loud, obnoxious sportscar weaved across the Burrard Street Bridge, swapping lanes far faster than anyone else could predict.
The Australian tourist flipped him the "pinky finger."
I almost fell out of my seat laughing.
"Sister. I agree with you completely, even if I don't have a clue what you just said. Hah! Hah!"
She replied " He drives like a man with a small weenie!"
Hah!
Hah!

JohnMitchell

MG's must be neutral - Jerky sometimes and not jerky sometimes.:)

Depends on how good you are with a clutch... :P

In truth, I don't seem to mind jerky drivers as much as the mindless zombie drivers we seem to have in WA. No turn signals, no paying attention, no clue how to handle a 4 way stop or a traffic circle. :S

...............................................................................................

John,
Sadly the zombie virus has spread North to Southern British Columbia, where turn signals are rarely used, rather they add "aggressive styling" to automotive fashion.
One old guy told me that the zombie virus infected Vancouverites about the same time that methamphetamines were first imported.

quade

************In SoCal the #1 spot on my list would have to be the white Ford F-150.

Because that's what I see on the road. As clearly stated right up front, in southern California.

You've already said that's what you observe. What I'm asking you to do is to explain *WHY* this is so.

HapHazard

You've already said that's what you observe. What I'm asking you to do is to explain *WHY* this is so.

Overcompensation for their mental and physical inadequacies.

Did you see the post about giving them the "little finger"? Yeah, it's like that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If it hasn't already been added - Escalades, especially the black ones. Encountered one on the way home, going fast in the left lane, using the right lane to go around slower ones and riding other people's asses.

When he got stuck in traffic and I caught up to him, I knew there was no way I was going to get by him, until the highway opened from 2 to 3 lanes. He can block one lane with traffic, but he can't block two. So when he predictably took to the left lane when it opened up, I found a gap in the right and I was gone, and he's stuck behind other vehicles. Dumbass.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

quade

***You've already said that's what you observe. What I'm asking you to do is to explain *WHY* this is so.

So why do people with mental and physical inadequacies predominately buy white F-150's?

HapHazard

******You've already said that's what you observe. What I'm asking you to do is to explain *WHY* this is so.

So why do people with mental and physical inadequacies predominately buy white F-150's?

That's for Future Work ;)

Joke aside, none of the observations reported in this thread can be taken seriously because they are subject to all kinds of biases. We're nowhere near answering "why" questions and drawing conclusions. I think most of the posts are at least a little tongue-in-cheek.

bgrozev

*********You've already said that's what you observe. What I'm asking you to do is to explain *WHY* this is so.

That's for Future Work ;)

Joke aside, none of the observations reported in this thread can be taken seriously because they are subject to all kinds of biases. We're nowhere near answering "why" questions and drawing conclusions. I think most of the posts are at least a little tongue-in-cheek.

Ok.

I try never to be obnoxious, but now I just have to post this:
Sunset on a Vette
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

BillyVance

If it hasn't already been added - Escalades, especially the black ones. Encountered one on the way home, going fast in the left lane, using the right lane to go around slower ones and riding other people's asses.

When he got stuck in traffic and I caught up to him, I knew there was no way I was going to get by him, until the highway opened from 2 to 3 lanes. He can block one lane with traffic, but he can't block two. So when he predictably took to the left lane when it opened up, I found a gap in the right and I was gone, and he's stuck behind other vehicles. Dumbass.

hmmm? what kind of car do you drive?
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

BillyVance

Yes, I forgot Escalades. Definitely jerk magnets.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

HapHazard

******You've already said that's what you observe. What I'm asking you to do is to explain *WHY* this is so.

They already have a houseful of guns?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.