kallend

Cars that appeal to jerks.

Being retired I have time on my hands but still an inclination to make observations.

I define jerks as those who are in such a hurry to get somewhere that their driving causes others to have to apply their brakes or take other avoiding action. An example would be deliberately getting in the wrong lane to jump to the head of a line and then cutting in.

Anyhow, in the Chicago metro area I see that certain models of car seem to appeal to jerks out of proportion to their numbers on the road:

VW Jetta - almost all of these seem to be driven by jerks, definitely top of the list.
Nissan Altima
Audis
Most Hondas
Dodge (any model)
Chevy Camaro and Monte Carlo
Hyundi Elantra
Small BMWs

On the other hand, some cars that I rarely see driven this way:

Chevy Corvette
Large BMWs
Ford Mustang
Jaguars
Porsches

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I've never seen BMW's split into large/small categories before.
I have a friend who hates BMW drivers, while owning one himself.:D

Back when I lived in the rural Midwest, redneck hicks seemed to have an affinity for the Camaro.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Going from a 67 ford pickup with a 6 cyl and 3 on the tree to a 67 firebird convertible 400 4 speed as an adult it all comes down to operation. The old cars you don't drive them you operate them. Stearing isn't all of driving looking ahead and using the full drivetrain is operating a car. Don't be a fool it hurts!

I've made the mistake of ruining several nice cars in my hearthern years, but never from being over aggressive around others. alone on old country roads I would act a fool and pay the price. I once flipped a 87 T-bird end over end 3 times only to crawl out the back window unhurt. Funny thing is I had this cd in my pocket.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_3CvrKWQe0&itct=CBsQpDAYACITCJfkoaqEgc4CFQtKqgod-I4IWDIGcmVsbWZ1SPip1vPhssrUWw%3D%3D

Being a kid is tuff!

Let's see... from my experience down here in Alabama, about the only type of car that I can think of that is consistently driven by assholes, are BMWs. Some large SUVs too but no specific makes.

Then there's the piece of shit pick up truck that's running by itself in the left lane of a 3 lane highway, no other vehicles for a mile. I'm speeding up the middle lane and as I'm about to pass, he speeds up to stay ahead. I stomp the gas and blow by him and he's in hot pursuit. I catch up to traffic ahead and then he's right on my ass. Worked my way through traffic nice and deftly, found a gap that was closing, got through it and left him out to dry. Stupid fucker.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I want one of these just for the fun of totally humiliating idiot motorists like that. >:(

[url]http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/07/the-flux-capacitor-is-now-the-worlds-fastest-street-legal-electric-car/[url]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? With a BMW, the pricks on the inside.

Can't chuckle myself though - I drive a BMW.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

In SoCal the #1 spot on my list would have to be the white Ford F-150.

I don't know what the hell it is about the owners of these that makes them think they're driving motorcycles and able to weave through traffic at speed, but they annoy the F out of me.

If there's going to be a pickup on the freeway leaving a trail of destruction in its wake, it's white Ford F-150s. A generally stupid thing to drive in SoCal in the first place.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Around here:

Altimas
Prius'
Any big truck with a lot of chrome additions (fog lights, steps, catchers, extra trim, etc etc)

(Soccer Moms in minivans - sorry, it's supposed to be about the vehicle and not the drivers, but...)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Wow, talk about a sweeping generalization.
I have had 4 Jetta's (work cars) in my career. My wife currently drives a Beetle for work.
I bought my daughter a Honda for graduation.
I have a Dodge truck.
And have been a BMW owner (multiple) for 15 years.

Reprieve: My BMW is a 750i (large BMW).
Reprieve: My wife's "summer fun" car is a Mustang Convertible.

I have traveled (road warrior) most of my professional career. I gave up "being in a hurry" long ago. I, for the most part set in the right lane with the realization that you leave for your destination 30 minutes before most people think they should. I have a reputation for never being late:).

My wife and I will take into consideration that you consider us "Jerks" based on our choice of vehicles and make all the necessary adjustments to appease you.

One question. Who pissed in your cheerio's this morning?

kallend

Being retired I have time on my hands but still an inclination to make observations.

I define jerks as those who are in such a hurry to get somewhere that their driving causes others to have to apply their brakes or take other avoiding action. An example would be deliberately getting in the wrong lane to jump to the head of a line and then cutting in.

Anyhow, in the Chicago metro area I see that certain models of car seem to appeal to jerks out of proportion to their numbers on the road:

VW Jetta - almost all of these seem to be driven by jerks, definitely top of the list.
Nissan Altima
Audis
Most Hondas
Dodge (any model)
Chevy Camaro and Monte Carlo
Hyundi Elantra
Small BMWs

On the other hand, some cars that I rarely see driven this way:

Chevy Corvette
Large BMWs
Ford Mustang
Jaguars
Porsches

MG's must be neutral - Jerky sometimes and not jerky sometimes.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

jdkalou

Wow, talk about a sweeping generalization.
I have had 4 Jetta's (work cars) in my career. My wife currently drives a Beetle for work.
I bought my daughter a Honda for graduation.
I have a Dodge truck.
And have been a BMW owner (multiple) for 15 years.

Reprieve: My BMW is a 750i (large BMW).
Reprieve: My wife's "summer fun" car is a Mustang Convertible.

I have traveled (road warrior) most of my professional career. I gave up "being in a hurry" long ago. I, for the most part set in the right lane with the realization that you leave for your destination 30 minutes before most people think they should. I have a reputation for never being late:).

My wife and I will take into consideration that you consider us "Jerks" based on our choice of vehicles and make all the necessary adjustments to appease you.

One question. Who pissed in your cheerio's this morning?

I don't think he's saying all BMW drivers are jerks. I'm not either. It's just that I've seen BMW drivers being jerks more than other single makes... Just a personal observation.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not just the BMW. I have 3 other vehicles on his "Jerk list." And only two on the "Good" list.

I just can't catch a break today. I'm going to take a beating on trading all of my Jerk cars in for Non-Jerk cars.

I don't want Kallend to be upset.

Living in Texas, i've come to the conclusion it's always the ones who have huge trucks, modified to have giant wheels and massive suspension.

Oh, and they also have a ridiculous exhaust which makes their vehicle sound like a tractor ploughing a field

London86

Living in Texas, i've come to the conclusion it's always the ones who have huge trucks, modified to have giant wheels and massive suspension.

Oh, and they also have a ridiculous exhaust which makes their vehicle sound like a tractor ploughing a field

Classic over compensation for baby dick.
quade -

quade

***Living in Texas, i've come to the conclusion it's always the ones who have huge trucks, modified to have giant wheels and massive suspension.

Classic over compensation for baby dick.

I didn't know you had a truck!!:o:)

:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Being a Harley Road Glide rider... I am in constant "observation mode." I'd have to agree with your jerk list, although I would add SUV's and rice rockets (not older rice rocket riders, but those who've been riding them less than three years).

Pet Peeves:

Cutting in front of me and slamming on your brakes to make the next turn (usually without turn signals).
Drifting into my lane while you're on the cell not paying attention to the road.
SUV drivers who are not aware of their blind spots and changing lanes in front of me, so I have to take evasive action,
Drivers who literally turn around inside their vehicle to either deal with the kids or to retrieve something from the back seat garbage pile.
The two lane into one scenario - either from construction or an accident up ahead. Everyone else gets in line; but you're special and "Cut in" closer to the front of the line.
/rant
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

quade

Turtle, how old are you?

Seriously.

he comment at the same age level as the one he responded to

Oh - and realtors seems to speed, cut off, and dig around in the back seat while driving more than any others - (at least those with their magnetic signs on the car)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

quade

Turtle, how old are you?

Seriously.

Old enough to comment on your dick joke.

And make a far sight more people giggle than you did.:)

turtlespeed

***Turtle, how old are you?

Seriously.

Old enough to comment on your dick joke.

And make a far sight more people giggle than you did.:)
Oh? Is THAT what you're trying to do? Be a comedian?

Might I suggest some open mics. That's where you'l find out just how hilarious you really are.
quade -