kallend

Cars that appeal to jerks.

turtlespeed

***Being retired I have time on my hands but still an inclination to make observations.

I define jerks as those who are in such a hurry to get somewhere that their driving causes others to have to apply their brakes or take other avoiding action. An example would be deliberately getting in the wrong lane to jump to the head of a line and then cutting in.

Anyhow, in the Chicago metro area I see that certain models of car seem to appeal to jerks out of proportion to their numbers on the road:

VW Jetta - almost all of these seem to be driven by jerks, definitely top of the list.
Nissan Altima
Audis
Most Hondas
Dodge (any model)
Chevy Camaro and Monte Carlo
Hyundi Elantra
Small BMWs

On the other hand, some cars that I rarely see driven this way:

Chevy Corvette
Large BMWs
Ford Mustang
Jaguars
Porsches

MG's must be neutral - Jerky sometimes and not jerky sometimes.:)

It's not the car, it's the type of driver it attracts. MGs attract people who like fixing cars.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

jdkalou

My wife and I will take into consideration that you consider us "Jerks" based on our choice of vehicles and make all the necessary adjustments to appease you.

One question. Who pissed in your cheerio's this morning?

Did you read the OP at all?

That certain cars attract jerks is indisputable. It doesn't follow that the car makes you a jerk.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'll admit I was a "jerk" today.

I followed a doofus who, for over 5 miles (a ten mile long road on a peninsula) , never even approached the speed limit (45 mpg --silly in itself ).

There is a spot, where I'm not sure why it's not a passing lane (visibility is a quarter mile), and the doofus is doing 38, so I put it into second and blow by him and he honks. WTF?

Sure, it may be illegal, but it was not unsafe. He was driving just about the same speed as the farm equipment, but usually the farmers have the courtesy of pulling over to the shoulder.

sheesh!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

There is a spot, where I'm not sure why it's not a passing lane (visibility is a quarter mile), and the doofus is doing 38, so I put it into second and blow by him and he honks. WTF?

I'll admit to occasionally driving under the limit. North Shore of Oahu and Nor Cal Redwoods are two places that come to mind. But I keep an eye on the rear view mirror and pull over if necessary. In my book, you ain't the jerk; he was. :S:P

oldwomanc6

I'll admit I was a "jerk" today.

I followed a doofus who, for over 5 miles (a ten mile long road on a peninsula) , never even approached the speed limit (45 mpg --silly in itself ).

Sure, it may be illegal, but it was not unsafe. He was driving just about the same speed as the farm equipment, but usually the farmers have the courtesy of pulling over to the shoulder.

sheesh!

At least he honked. I've had some who sped up to keep me from passing them. :S>:( All that did was just make me stomp the gas and blow by them. And I was in a passing zone too. Fuck em, donkeys... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***I'll admit I was a "jerk" today.

sheesh!

At least he honked. I've had some who sped up to keep me from passing them. :S>:( All that did was just make me stomp the gas and blow by them. And I was in a passing zone too. Fuck em, donkeys... :|

Oh, I hate those types! They go ten under whole twisty way, and then they all of a sudden go ten over on the straight-away with the passing zone. I don't usually give a second chance to go slow in front of me during the next set of twisties. They usually become really small really quick in the RV mirror. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

kallend

It's not the car, it's the type of driver it attracts. MGs attract people who like fixing cars.

On that note, this popped up on a different forum I post on:

Genuine Lucas Replacement Smoke.

Intended to repair Lucas electrical equipment by reinstalling the smoke that was inadvertently let out.

The comments are great too.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

From a friend who is a Mini enthusiast:
:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Here's another one I keep forgetting to add here:

Last week I encountered a Subaru parked in the left lane on a 3 lane each way highway with no intentions of moving the fuck over. Once I tried to take the middle lane to pass but then the car in front of the Subaru moved over, blocking me. So I cut back over to the left behind the Subaru, and waited for the next opportunity. He wasn't going much faster than 75-80 mph, but when a long open stretch of the middle lane opened up and he pulled ahead of the middle lane vehicle, he sped up to 90, effectively nullifying any chance I had of getting enough momentum to pass. Fucking donkey. >:(

Well, he caught up to the next vehicle in front of him and eventually boxed himself in with another vehicle alongside him in the center lane. I saw an opportunity to move over to the right lane and cut around the middle lane vehicle and move on, letting the douchebag Subaru eat my exhaust.

You can block 2 lanes, but you can't block 3 lanes long enough. Stupid fucker!

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

DanG

I'm sorry dude. You keep posting these stories about other jerky drivers, but you're the one who always seems to be acting like a jerk on the road.

In that case, yes. I'm never a jerk at first, but I do become one if common courtesy isn't used or someone goes out of their way to be a jerk to me.

Yesterday I pulled out onto a 2 lane road behind a line of 4 or 5 cars with plenty of room before the next car could catch up. I knew I had time to get up to speed but oh no... that car behind me actually sped up and blew by me and THEN ended up stuck behind the line of vehicles. What a little shit. What advantage did he gain?

I did get him back later on when the time was right. Just be patient and pick your moment and move on and don't give them a chance to get you back. Fuck em.

Another incident... this was years ago. I didn't have to do it but I did it anyway. Taking an interstate interchange two lane ramp where it has an exit ramp on the right side halfway up it... there was a Harley rider well ahead of me in the right lane going straight ahead just before that exit point. Some dick in a car came screaming up the left lane on the ramp and cut right across in front of the Harley to hit that exit ramp. To the Harley rider's credit, he didn't react or try to avoid, just stayed his course and shook his head. It was pretty damn close. I'm like "I got this, dude." I was going that way anyway, chased the SOB down and cut right across in front of HIS bumper.

He got real small between the top of the steering wheel and the dash. He knew what was up. :|

Sort of off topic, but when I moved to Athen Ohio, a college town where the University is bigger than the City, in 1975 there was a garage named The Subtle Bug. They only worked on Volkswagens and it was run by a couple of nice young hippies.
It's still here, but now they only work on Subarus and it's run by a couple of nice old hippies.

BillyVance

He wasn't going much faster than 75-80 mph,

the bastard, how much slower than the speed limit was he going?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

*** He wasn't going much faster than 75-80 mph,

Posted speed limit, or common speed limit?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

****** He wasn't going much faster than 75-80 mph,

Posted speed limit, or common speed limit?

Those are two very different numbers. :P Around here, it's not uncommon for people to go 85-90 in a 70. And, the highway runs 3 lanes each way for the most part through my area. No need to be parked in the left lane going 75-80 with a bunch of vehicles behind you waiting for you to move the fuck over. There would be a lot less road rage if people treated the left lane as for passing only. Slower traffic stay right and all that.

skyjumpenfool

****** He wasn't going much faster than 75-80 mph,

....and then there's ZX14 speed.
:o

Every time I see one of those crotch rockets zooming down the highway at 120mph+, I almost hope they wipe out and wrap themselves around a tree or something. Take that shit to the racetrack. There's a damn nice one 30 miles west of me at Barber Motorsports, assholes. :|

Incidentally, one rider from Georgia was killed there over the weekend. [:/]

BillyVance

Every time I see one of those crotch rockets zooming down the highway at 120mph+, I almost hope they wipe out and wrap themselves around a tree or something. Take that shit to the racetrack. There's a damn nice one 30 miles west of me at Barber Motorsports, assholes. :|

Incidentally, one rider from Georgia was killed there over the weekend. [:/]

I don't usually "race" down the road at break neck speed on my ZX, but when those retards try to hold back traffic by going slow in the left lane, it's nice to have 200HP between your legs. B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

RMK

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? With a BMW, the pricks on the inside.

Can't chuckle myself though - I drive a BMW.

I've always liked this joke and usually put BMW drivers top of my stereotype crappy driver list. I read something one day that went along the lines of "The turn signal has been around for 100 years in one form or another, yet apparently BMW still can't make one that works" and one BMW driver replied "BMW's do have turn signals.....only poor people can't see them!"! Well played, BMW guy!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."