kallend

Cars that appeal to jerks.

quade

******Turtle, how old are you?

Seriously.

Old enough to comment on your dick joke.

And make a far sight more people giggle than you did.:)
Oh? Is THAT what you're trying to do? Be a comedian?

Might I suggest some open mics. That's where you'l find out just how hilarious you really are.

And your comment was designed to do what? Educate people?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes.

It was also a generalized comment; not a personal attack.

I mean, if we're keeping track of such things. Then again, if we are keeping track of such things, I can see you've made two personal attacks so far just in this thread. You must be "winning."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Might as well add McLarens to that list. $250K car running a stop sign knocks over a kid on a skateboard and a passenger in the car yells at him rudely to get out of the way and the kid smashes the windshield and runs off, chased by the passenger.

:D

http://mashable.com/2016/07/20/sports-car-skater/#Gg2V4TKxJkqC

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Phillbo

If the kid had been older he would have known to lay on the ground and appear injured and ask the by standers to call for an ambulance.

And then sue the hell out of the driver too.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

MG's must be neutral - Jerky sometimes and not jerky sometimes.:)

That's because they run sometimes and sometimes they don't.;)

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

quade

In SoCal the #1 spot on my list would have to be the white Ford F-150.

Ford F-150's are the most popular selling vehicle in America. And white is the most popular vehicle color.

Therefore, your observation really doesn't mean anything. If jerks were distributed evenly amongst all cars, you would see more of them in white F-150's simply because there are more of those on the road than any other type of vehicle. Not because jerks prefer them for some reason. You would also see more careful drivers in white F-150's.

"SUV drivers not aware of blind spots."
My wife has a Subaru Forrester and I hate driving it because of the tiny mirrors. I also have a motorcycle and find the little rice burners like the Subarus and most of the others have ridiculously small mirrors. Their blind spots are huge. As a motorcycle guy I almost hate to pass the Japanese cars. Their tiny mirrors have the drivers make lane changes they shouldn't because they don't have a large enough of an angle of a view in their mirrors. It's a manufacturing design flaw.

dpreguy

My wife has a Subaru Forrester and I hate driving it because of the tiny mirrors. I also have a motorcycle and find the little rice burners like the Subarus and most of the others have ridiculously small mirrors. Their blind spots are huge. As a motorcycle guy I almost hate to pass the Japanese cars. Their tiny mirrors have the drivers make lane changes they shouldn't because they don't have a large enough of an angle of a view in their mirrors. It's a manufacturing design flaw.

It also is a flaw where most people set their mirrors.

If you can see any portion of your own car in the side view mirrors, your mirrors are set incorrectly.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

HapHazard

***In SoCal the #1 spot on my list would have to be the white Ford F-150.

Ford F-150's are the most popular selling vehicle in America. And white is the most popular vehicle color.

WTF does that have to do with southern California? I specifically said SoCal. Without even looking it up I can nearly guarantee it's not the most popular selling vehicle there.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

oldwomanc6

If you can see any portion of your own car in the side view mirrors, your mirrors are set incorrectly.

+1
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

+1

I always add blind spot mirrors to vehicles when I buy them. Except for motorcycles :)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I got reminded this morning about another type of car that I've seen often driven by jerks...

Toyota Prius.

This one was hauling ass at 90mph and tailgating. So I tailed it like it was doing to others. When traffic opened up it got up to 100. Apparently it was headed to the same exit I get off to go to my job. It was sitting in the left turn lane on the ramp behind traffic when I blew right by it making my right turn. Jerk. :P

They think they're better than anybody else because their car is halfway environmentally friendly. But, I know not all of them are jerks. My dad and brother both have them and don't drive like that.

The Prius has been very common around Boulder ever since it was introduced.
In my observations, there are two very different types of Prius drivers:
a) Extremely courteous.
b) Totally oblivious.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Rick

+1

I always add blind spot mirrors to vehicles when I buy them. Except for motorcycles :)
+1

BillyVance

I got reminded this morning about another type of car that I've seen often driven by jerks...

Toyota Prius.

This one was hauling ass at 90mph and tailgating. So I tailed it like it was doing to others. When traffic opened up it got up to 100. Apparently it was headed to the same exit I get off to go to my job. It was sitting in the left turn lane on the ramp behind traffic when I blew right by it making my right turn. Jerk. :P

They think they're better than anybody else because their car is halfway environmentally friendly. But, I know not all of them are jerks. My dad and brother both have them and don't drive like that.

https://memegenerator.net/instance/26568989
:)

ryoder

a) Extremely courteous.
b) Totally oblivious.

Usually "b". [:/]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Stone Cold Steve Austin on the Arsenio Hall show. Start at about the 13 minute mark in the video where he and Arsenio start talking about promos. Then Austin launches into a blistering promo about hybrid car drivers. :D

And that's the Stone Cold truth cuz Stone Cold said so! (mic drop)

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYgsK0dOz10

ryoder

a) Extremely courteous.
b) Totally oblivious.

c) Holier than thou
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

dpreguy

Agree about those mirrors, so I don't get too angry with those that realize and take corrective action usually give the apology wave. But, there's those that will flip me off. >:(

There is a set of mirrors for Harleys that have the blind spot mirrors built in

http://www.shoputahharley.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=92190%2D06&gclid=CJXLjeGvh84CFZGGaQod9M4Knw&Click=2625&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=shoppingengine&gdfms=A1F8191FD98D498B810003CBF0799020&gdffi=375691a026b2408b923a0c9b4cb10ca3
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

The brand of vehicle is not the problem. It's the people behind the wheel who are sometimes (but not always) the jerks. There is nothing wrong with the average driver. It's the two extremes of drivers who are the problem.

1) People who think they are and drive like Mario Andretti on the public roads but who have no formal advanced driver training and don't know the basics of how to balance their vehicles prior to entering a corner.

2) People who are overly cautious on the public roads and who are just as dangerous as the the people who drive too fast. Speed by itself is not the biggest problem. It's when you mix the people going too fast with the people going too slow.

3) Mini-vans. :P

Okay I said two extremes but listed three. But people who drive front wheel drive automatic mini-vans lack a soul and don't count. Carry on ... haha

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

The brand of vehicle is not the problem. It's the people behind the wheel who are sometimes (but not always) the jerks. There is nothing wrong with the average driver. It's the two extremes of drivers who are the problem.

1) People who think they are and drive like Mario Andretti on the public roads but who have no formal advanced driver training and don't know the basics of how to balance their vehicles prior to entering a corner.

2) People who are overly cautious on the public roads and who are just as dangerous as the the people who drive too fast. Speed by itself is not the biggest problem. It's when you mix the people going too fast with the people going too slow.

3) Mini-vans. :P

Okay I said two extremes but listed three. But people who drive front wheel drive automatic mini-vans lack a soul and don't count. Carry on ... haha

You have to admit that personality and belief systems are responsible for car choices.
Hybrid vs Gas Truck
Coup vs Mini van.

Those that drive the sportier cars tend to be more aggressive, and those that drive prius' are jealous of the cars that have power.

turtlespeed

You have to admit that personality and belief systems are responsible for car choices.
Hybrid vs Gas Truck
Coup vs Mini van.

Those that drive the sportier cars tend to be more aggressive, and those that drive prius' are jealous of the cars that have power.

Imagine the fun that could be had humiliating other drivers, by driving around in this, (w/o the race markings): http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/07/the-flux-capacitor-is-now-the-worlds-fastest-street-legal-electric-car/

ryoder

Hybrid vs Gas Truck
Coup vs Mini van.

Imagine the fun that could be had humiliating other drivers, by driving around in this, (w/o the race markings): http://arstechnica.com/cars/2016/07/the-flux-capacitor-is-now-the-worlds-fastest-street-legal-electric-car/

Wait a minute.

British automotive engineering?

British electrical engineering?

Oh, wait. He said "engineering eccentricity."

Ok. That I'll agree with.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

the most aggressive sober drivers i've ever seen (and i'm old and drove truck and cab) are soccer mom's in mini vans. They were doing so much damage to a dirt road in the national forest where i volunteered, taking there kids to the summer camp. The FS was trying to figure out how to ban them.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

ryoder

That thing might be fast off the line going straight, but it would be slower than molasses in the corners. However I did learn a valuable lesson when I had access to a race track and used to drive my 911 during DE open lapping events and that was to not judge a car from it's appearance, especially when you are not up close to the vehicle. I remember meeting this dude who showed up to the track with an old beat up Honda Civic. From a distance it looked like a lemon. But when you get up close you noticed the guy had completed gutted the interior, the car was sporting slicks with racing brakes and an upgraded suspension system with a performance exhaust system. Plus who knows how many added goodies under the hood, you know it definitely was not stock. He wasn't the fastest on the track, but he wasn't slow. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over