BillyVance

CUBS WIN!! CUBS WIN!!

One hundred and eight fucking years. At long last. The Chicago Cubs have exorcised their World Series demons. My maternal grandmother never saw the Cubs win in her entire lifetime and she lived to 95.

Oh and somebody find this guy, STAT!!! Nostradamus would be impressed. :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We gave you a hell of a run with our "2 and 1/2 men" rotation. We enjoyed coming back from a 3-1 deficit with the Cavs. You guys will enjoy it as well. In 1997 we lost to the Florida Marlins in Game 7, a team formed 5 years before. At least this time we lost to a team that deserved it.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Anybody remember the movie Back To The Future Part II where Marty goes to 2015, and he's walking through town, and sees that holographic 3D billboard saying "Cubs win the World Series" or something like that?

Missed it by ONE YEAR. :o:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

airdvr

We gave you a hell of a run with our "2 and 1/2 men" rotation. We enjoyed coming back from a 3-1 deficit with the Cavs. You guys will enjoy it as well. In 1997 we lost to the Florida Marlins in Game 7, a team formed 5 years before. At least this time we lost to a team that deserved it.

Yeah, Cubs fans know how it feels to lose 3-1. That 2003 LCS loss to the same organization (Marlins) was burned into the our collective memory, especially game 6, the Bartman game. Since the Marlins won the resulting WS in 6 games, cubs fans believe that they would have too.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I lived in Chicago for 5 years out of university; lots of Cubs game memories.

One afternoon I was in the “bleachers” in the outfield when a home run hit came my way. I was drinking a beer and turned backwards so didn’t see it coming, but my friend did who fumbled it but missed (spilling my beer) then went down to scramble for it. He popped up victorious holding the ball and with both hands in the air. I then notice that his competition, for the ball, was two young 16yr old girls. I joking say “good job, you beat two small girls”.

As none of us were paying much attention to the game (Cubs games are fun even if you don’t watch baseball), he had caught a home run fly ball hit by the opposing team. It is Wrigley tradition the throw opponent’s home run balls back and the whole ballpark (30 – 40,000 in the stands) start chanting “THROW IT BACK, THROW IT BACK”. My friend said “fuck that, I’m keeping it” after which the chants only got louder. I said to him “Dude, I think you better throw it back” – to which he reluctantly threw it back on the field.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"