wmw999

Pets?

Just interested. Heard something on the radio today got me thinking... Feel free to tell cute stories.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Was cat person for whole life until married at 46 and wife was allergic. Have had a carnival gold fish for kids that has survived 4 years. Then inherited maltese/yorkshire mix after my sister died. Actually now becoming a dog person. Friendly, picking up poop not so bad after you've had two kids, fetch is fun, doesn't smell too much. But can't leave a dog alone for a four day weekend.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Last pet we had was April's rabbit. A mini Red Rex. She got it when her daughters were young and they named it Hoppy. They can live to be up to 8 or 9 years old, but Hoppy made it to 13. Rabbits love kale, and they can have it all as far as I'm concerned.

We spend too much time away to be responsible for an animal. When we had the rabbit Granny was here to help out.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

PeteW

We have two dogs and a son. Raising dogs and kids has some similarities.

That's why we have cats. Two kids was enough for me.

Five cats is nothing compared to a couple of kids.

We have four black ( and proud of it: most people don't want to adopt them) and at the most adorable black and white kitten who has mixed up their life in the best way.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I've had a cat almost every year of my life. We had a dog when I was young, but then my parents found out that my brother is allergic to dog hair, so that ended my childhood with dogs.

Cats are so much easier. I always say I like dogs, but I like other people's dogs. That means, I don't want to live the lift of a dog person who has to go home just to let the dog outside. With both Normiss and I working and no kids at home, I think a dog would have a lonely life at our house right now. We may get one when we retire, but that's a few years off.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

wmw999

Just interested. Heard something on the radio today got me thinking... Feel free to tell cute stories.

Wendy P.

Rescue dogs are the best. They love you more because you got them out of a shelter.

My cousin down in LA finds spaniels and pulls them out of kill shelters. Where he lives now he is only allowed to have three dogs, so that is how many he has.

As soon as I move out of my rental and back into a permanent home, I'm getting another rescue.

I have two cats, both male, both about 9 years old. The first one came to me through dropzone.com, actually. The second also came to me via a friend I met through skydiving who needed to rehome her cat.

I also volunteer most weekends at my local municipal shelter, which means I get to know and work with a whole lot more cats and kittens on the regular, and work to find them new homes. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I grew up with both, but am more of a dog person.

My building does not allow pets, so I volunteer at the local shelter working with the pups. I get to enjoy them and they are always happy to see me.

Unlike a cat.[:/]

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

oldwomanc6

***We have two dogs and a son. Raising dogs and kids has some similarities.

That's why we have cats. Two kids was enough for me.

Five cats is nothing compared to a couple of kids.

We have four black ( and proud of it: most people don't want to adopt them) and at the most adorable black and white kitten who has mixed up their life in the best way.

Love the black/white cats. Have had a bunch over the years.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

oldwomanc6

They are adorable; who wouldn't like to see this on Christmas morning?

Oh no!! Did the cat eat your original present??! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

oldwomanc6

They are adorable; who wouldn't like to see this on Christmas morning?

Is it wrong if I gave that same gift to my German Shepard, on his birthday.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun