wmw999

Pets?

I am allergic to both, but I live with it because I love my fur babies! Okay, I have an old dog and an old cat. Both are around 12 years. I've had my cat, since he was 6 weeks old. Before any of my 3 kids or husband. I make it pretty clear to my husband that my cat was around before him[:P as for my dog, we got him about a year and a half ago. His owner died of cancer, and he was going to go to a no kill shelter. But, being his age, and overweight, I knew he wouldn't find a home anytime soon, so we took him in. I love him, because he's old, pretty mellow, and not a puppy! I will never have a puppy again. In fact, If it's up to me, he will be our last dog. I can leave my cat for a couple days. Leave a ton of food and water, clean litter box and quick checks from neighbors. I love dogs, just not having them. And of course, the kids always promise to take care of the dog, but in reality that doesn't happen. So, I voted for cats :)

I originally posted this after hearing a radio story about how cat-scratch disease (toxoplasmosis) is positively correlated with risk-taking behavior. Wanted to see if the proportion of cat owners was high.

But it's way more fun just to read the pet stories. We have two cats, Bubba and Felix. They're about 7, and being litter mates, they're very close.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

We just took in a 6 week old kitten, looks like a Siamese mix. We're calling him Snowball, though he looks more like a dirty snowball. :P

The girls love it, though it's slept with me every night since.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban