CSpenceFLY

UAS Pilots

Who's flying UAS?

How long have you been flying?

What are you flying?

Who has their 107 certificate?

I bought a Q-500 back August I think. Put 75 plus hrs on it. Procrastinated taking the Part 107 test till 11/21. I'm an uncurrent commercially rated pilot so I only needed to brush up on....well....everything. I bought the Gliem online study guide on Friday, took the test on Sunday and passed with a 97%.

I recently bought two DJI Inspire 1s to jump head first into my new business.

This is a pretty good review although it's 2 yrs old. The I1 has been updated in a few ways and the Inspire 2 has just come out and the prices are down on the 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8hzWaZ0eY

When you get your Inspire's, make sure to check to see if yours can hold a level image horizon. We have an Inspire 1, V2, and it does not. No fix found unless you get DJI to swap it out with a new one.

Take it out for a flight, and wring it out pretty good. Fly it fast, fly it sideways and turn it plenty while at speed. When you watch the video, pay particular attention to the horizon. If it holds level, be happy!

CSpenceFLY

Who's flying UAS?

How long have you been flying?

What are you flying?

Who has their 107 certificate?

I bought a Q-500 back August I think. Put 75 plus hrs on it. Procrastinated taking the Part 107 test till 11/21. I'm an uncurrent commercially rated pilot so I only needed to brush up on....well....everything. I bought the Gliem online study guide on Friday, took the test on Sunday and passed with a 97%.

I recently bought two DJI Inspire 1s to jump head first into my new business.

This is a pretty good review although it's 2 yrs old. The I1 has been updated in a few ways and the Inspire 2 has just come out and the prices are down on the 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8hzWaZ0eY

I have been flying R/C models since 1964. These are now classified as UAS, but I doubt that is what you mean.

I have been flying quad- and hex-acopters since 2012.

I have my sUAS license from the FAA.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I did the online course and got my 107 certificate in the mail (actually thought it was fake cause it looks so different).

Nothing to fly with it yet, but it's a card in my back pocket if I ever need to use it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

CSpenceFLY

You were able to take the test online?

Yessir, any part 61 certificated pilot who has a current flight review qualifies to take an online course that covers the specific part 107 rules. Once you take the test (which you essentially correct to 100%), you can print the certificate of completion, fill out your application on IACRA for the new certificate and get any CFI, DPE or FSDO to validate your identity and sign the application. Within a couple days you can print your temporary and eventually you'll get it in the mail.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message