Vapor

Who would you buy a freefly suit from?

Yes, I know there's a whole lot of discussion about individual mfr's on the forums, but I'm looking for a consensus...

----------------------------------------
'Of course it hurts. The trick is not *minding* that it hurts.'
- T.E. Lawrence

I had a Freedom Means Choice, I now have a Kurupee, I really liked them both.

Oragen and FireFly both have good suits...you spend a LOT more to get them too. IMHO for what I do, it wasn't worth the extra $150.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

None of the above. Find some one local who does good work fast. The suit will fit right (they'll measure), it will be done in a few weeks (not months), the fall rate will match local preferences, and you'll have no problem tracking them down if you need changes.

Karen Bilbery (http://www.freedommeanschoice.com) measured me and built my first two freefly suits. The last one was delivered in 3 weeks and cost $235.

Julian and Sara Morgan (dba Hoolgan Wear) measured me and built the newest one (Karen and Greg moved to Eloy). It was done in about 2 weeks. Base price $240, + $40 in labor for stripes (Julian's stripes replace the fabric rather than being sewn on top). Paid $80 for materials up front, the remainder was due when the suit fit right and I liked it (it did the first time).

I'm looking into getting a ouragan suit but I havent got an answer back from the email I sent them, granted they've been busy with hurricanes etc. Does anyone know the current delivery time on a free fly suit ?

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Another happy Ouragon customer. Nancy is great, she will make you a great suit, and if for any reason it doesn't fit perfectly, will alter it beautifully in no time flat. I am really happy with my 2-pc suit. Of course, in Florida, I rarely wear the top:P

Seen a lot of pix of females in Firefly suits, they are beautiful, too!

Angela.

Hey angela how long did it take to have yours made?? I'm hoping frances didnt screw things up...

Well, I paid extra for a rush at the time. I can't recall how long, but it was pretty quick. That was a while back, things change, so i'd just contact Nancy and ask what her turnaround is right now. She is the most approachable non-pushy person, i'm sure she'd have no problems answering any questions you might have:)

Angela.

None of the above
I fly RMW suits, there made in Oz and are VERY well constructed:)I also have a suit made my a seamstress at work from an RMW pattern, it too is also great and only $70 B|B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi Vap,
Sorry to jump off your band wagon but,"none of the above!" I get all my gear thru DZ-1 Enterprises. That's ME!! I do my own rigging, have a singer 31-17, lotsa thread, a bunch of material and away I go. Store bought suits are fine, but I make mine.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Crazy, yes, and absentminded. Great combination for a skydiver, eh? ;)

This is turning into a Firefly/Ouragan smackdown, and juding from PM traffic, people feel pretty damn passionately about their Ouragan suits. I may have found my answer. Anyone have experience with their delivery time?

----------------------------------------
'Of course it hurts. The trick is not *minding* that it hurts.'
- T.E. Lawrence