SeaWorld trainer killed by killer whale

>In order to be a Killer Whale trainer you don't have to get in the tank with a Killer Whale . . .

You sorta do. It's like saying "in order to be a skydiving instructor you don't have to get in the air with a questionable student." Actually, sometimes you do. Does that come back to bite you once in a while? Yes - but that's part of the risks you take as an instructor.

The last video of her life is her climbing into the water with the animal that killed her. I'm not an instructor but I've shot a ton of AFF and Tandem Vid and will give credit to anyone willing to be in the same air as any of us when we started off. You just don't know what an animal will do.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Try to find "Blackfish" if you can. A disturbing documentary about captive Orcas and in particular the death of Dawn Brancheau (by Tillikum).

Here is a link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G93beiYiE74
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Yes most documenteries are. I have not watched it. Knowing it is biased.

Yes they do provide for some actual hands on study that you can't get in the wild. And help the wild population with their studies.

With that said yes there,is good and bad in them. Now change what they house and what would be the outrage. Lets substitute humans for killer whales. Because you need a controlled environment and diet to determine what is best to help the ones in the wild to survive best.

I am not against them or for them. And this is not against you grimmie,so please don't take it that way. But would you volunteer to live in a 20ft x20ft room for life if it helps out other humans. Knowing it is going to decrease your lifespan too.

I know they do good. They also do some harm. But I don't have the knowledge or magical ability to say what is right. But yes everyone of the trainers there are doing it cause they love the animals. And that is their life.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

>Lets substitute humans for killer whales.

Well, but humans aren't killer whales. They're animals - and very similar to the animals we regularly eat and/or cut up for medical research. Which is why it's hard to make an argument that animals should be treated like people. (And maybe we _should_ be treating them more like people, but that argument goes far beyond one species.)

It's funny how that works. Orcas, pandas, and my favourite, polar bears. But no one ever asks the seals how they feel about loosing the polar bears or orcas that eat them.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.