oldwomanc6

What's the weirdest thing you've ever found in your yard?

For me, it was this balloon. I live in Maryland, so the fact that this balloon made it this far w/o popping was pretty amazing!

Over 650 miles. :o

I googled the address and if it came out via I66, it would have been exactly 666 miles, which is not only weird, but creepy.

How about the rest of you? What strange things have you found on your property that don't belong to you?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I live about a block from a cemetery. When the wind blows hard from the north, I get plastic flowers in my yard on a regular basis.

A few years back, I came home and had neighbors clustered around the corner of my house. There was a very large Red Tailed Hawk eating a squirrel. It didn't seem to mind people being within a few feet of it.

On a similar note, but different occasion: one day a neighbor mentioned that a hawk had gotten a squirrel in the back yard. Later that day, the dog went outside and did what he had to do. On return he brought a stick (or at least what appeared to be one). He was chewing and gnawing on it in a way he didn't normally do with a stick. On closer examination, it was the upper jaw of the squirrel, complete with nose and front teeth. The brain case had been removed so it looked like a stick.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Probably someone else's dead cat. Fortunately I found it before my dog did... She would have had fun with it :S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

A couple of leg bones with joint tissue from a deer. I apparently went a whole winter without venturing out into my back yard, which is huge. I have over 3 acres on a lake. It was in a depression in the yard I didn't notice was there before. It looked like the size of a deer. I'd wondered ever since if the deer laid down and died, and the rest of the wildlife had at it or something. Then again in that case I would have expected more bones than just a leg.

I get all kinds of wildlife wandering in the yard. Deer, foxes, beavers, coyotes, water moccasins, copperheads, rabbits, snapping turtles, hawks, canadian geese, etc. And a bald eagle up in the sky directly overhead.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was going out to check the mailbox one day and noticed a large, dark object in the front yard that was not there the day before. Closer examination revealed it was half of a rabbit.:S So I immediately looked around and spied the neighbor's cat peeking out from under a bush.

Not surprising because a month earlier I was heading out on my bicycle and saw the cat trotting across the road carrying a large object. As I got closer I saw it was a live, full-grown rabbit being carried by the scruff of the neck. The rabbit was squealing unhappily.

I left the half rabbit in the yard, and it was gone the next day.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Closer examination revealed it was half of a rabbit.:S

Yeah, my dad near the edge of a small town had that on his porch. Granted, his cat was found as an older feral kitten, but for many years now has become a real homebody, sucking up to my dad (the bringer-of-food), and cuddling up to my retired dad any time he sits down.

The cat is so peaceful, calm and quiet all the time, that is hard to imagine that there's still a killer inside. It wasn't just "a dead rabbit" but literally half a rabbit. That takes some chewing! Nature red in tooth and claw.

We have a 20 acre backyard and I came out one morning to feed the horses and goats. There was a 6 ft tall emu walking around and making growling noises. We called animal control and they said he had escaped months earlier from a local ranch and that they occasionally got calls reporting him. They also said the growling noises where him actually being happy, like a cat purring! We managed to herd him into a 5' tall horse pen but he looked at it for half a second and jumped over it. He wandered off long before animal control got there.

One afternoon a donkey four ewes and a ram. Have no idea where they came from where they went to after I ran them off since I didn't want them Crapping all over the yard:S

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Gold;)

Seriously I live on a ridge that was formed by a glacier. It is what is known as glacial Till... and just for grins when I was digging down with an auger to put in my horse fence.... I decided to pan some the unsorted sand and gravel coming up from 4 feet down... I managed to find a bit of black sand and a couple small flakes.... flour....

Previous house in Ohio - 3 and a half foot long iguana. Not native and none of the Neighbors said they had one as a pet. Called a local reptile breeder to come take it away. Also found a bottle of lighter fluid and a lighter that was thrown over the fence. Found out that the dumpster around the corner was torched the night before and about burned down the building it was near. Police said they didn't care about the stuff and told me to throw it away.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

SkyDekker

A coyote.

(I live in the city of Chicago, not in an outlying 'burb).

Same with me in Toronto. I have crossed paths with coyotes and deer in the middle of the city...

Canada has cities? Whoever would have guessed?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.