sundevil777

My son, the marine (ceremonial marcher) at the innaugural

My younger replica's job is to do such stuff as this, including funerals at Arlington, 21 gun salute, parade events during the summer...

He is at the top of the stairs, and 2nd from the left in the other pic.

B|
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

[sighs]

It's Marine, not marine. ;)

Oh, and you mean 3-round volley, not 21-gun salute. The former is a detachment of riflemen (regardless of number) firing three volleys in honor of usually a deceased service member. The detail is often comprised of seven, hence the common misidentification. The latter is done by naval gunfire as a diplomatic salute off the coast of an allied nation. (I always wanted one of our ships to do that after a port call in Turkey while I was a diplomat there, but alas...) :D

Now that the other Marine here has had her say on the protocol stuff...

Congrats! He looks mighty sharp there at the inaugural proceedings. I remember working the Reagan state funeral as if it were last week. An exceptional honor. I presume he's at Marine Barracks, Washington? A friend of mine just left being the XO there. Two of my Marines here are headed up to join them with the Marine Band. B|

As a lance corporal, your boy has shown great skill and bearing to land that gig. Again, congratulations.

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Yes, my son is at the 8th & I barracks in D.C. I was there Sept. 2015.

I do know that it isn't correct to call it 21 gun...but I don't think many would recognize it otherwise.

He was selected a few months ago to train the new guys. He is in charge of 4 (I think it is called squad leader) and has general training duties for larger groups. A few like my son together train up to about 40 I think, in support of the primary training leadership team.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am