BillyVance

Super Bowl LI - W.T.F. ???

I mean seriously, did anybody watch it not expecting it to play out like it did?

Falcons looked unbeatable in the first half and early 3rd quarter, running out to a 28-3 lead. Nobody had ever come back from even a 14 point deficit in the Super Bowl, yet here the Falcons stood there with a 25 point lead.

And... they choked every fucking point away like they choked on a bag of dicks... :o B|

Fucking Patriots... God... >:( :D :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

God

Up around here, most people agree God comes first. But whether Brady or Belichick is next is a topic worth discussing :P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The MSM is all wrong!
Falcons defeated the Patriots by the largest margin ever!:)And the Falcons had the largest crowd ever! At least 1.5M fans in the stadium!
I have alternative facts.:P

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

These are worth a look... funniest tweets about the super bowl.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/14-funniest-tweets-about-the-falcons-historic-super-bowl-collapse/ar-AAmEiox?li=BBxU6kX

:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

husslr187

Falcon defense blew their wad in the first half and kept pressure on brady. They stuck it out a little more in the third but by the fourth brady had his pocket back and brought it back.

Yeah at halftime I more or less correctly predicted the Patriots would score three TDs in the second half because the time of possession in the first half was about 20 minutes Patriots to 10 minutes Falcons, so if that trend continued, the Falcons defense was going to get gassed by the fourth quarter. I just hoped the Falcons' offense would make one more score to hold the Patriots off but it wasn't to be.

Had 2nd and 1 at the Patriots 20 yard line and the dumbasses tried to pass the ball and ended up getting sacked for 13 yards IIRC, and THEN on the next play got flagged for holding, putting them well out of FG range in a 4th and 33 situation. W.T.F. :S

I don't usually bother watching sports that I don't play. But I tuned in at half time to see the show and then stuck around to watch the second half. I don't like the Pats on principle, but they sure deserved that miracle win. After that missed extra point I started rooting for the comeback just so the kicker wouldn't get the blame.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I played football in school, like most Texas kids do, and I grew up sitting on the couch with my dad, rooting for the Cowboys. Now, of course, I'm a Seahawks fan. But my 3rd choice is the Pats, and I was awed by the comeback. Wow, what a finish. And my son-in-law in Boston is not in the depths of depression anymore. :D

The cool moment was when they opened up the flags to show George H W Bush and Barbara Bush being wheeled out for the coin toss. Brought a tear to my eye. Glad they recovered in time to make it. B|

BillyVance

Had 2nd and 1 at the Patriots 20 yard line and the dumbasses tried to pass the ball and ended up getting sacked for 13 yards IIRC, and THEN on the next play got flagged for holding, putting them well out of FG range in a 4th and 33 situation. W.T.F. :S

the turning point for the game - bad choices there by Atlanta

With no preference in this game, normally I'd have rooted for the Pats just for fun. But the way the Falcons played against Green Bay made me a temporary fan. That game showed some greatness. Apparently though, they only had one more half like that before the batteries totally died out.

The best bit of this game was that pass reception - no one needs me to describe it - you all know. wow

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Had 2nd and 1 at the Patriots 20 yard line and the dumbasses tried to pass the ball and ended up getting sacked for 13 yards IIRC, and THEN on the next play got flagged for holding, putting them well out of FG range in a 4th and 33 situation. W.T.F. :S

the turning point for the game - bad choices there by Atlanta

With no preference in this game, normally I'd have rooted for the Pats just for fun. But the way the Falcons played against Green Bay made me a temporary fan. That game showed some greatness. Apparently though, they only had one more half like that before the batteries totally died out.

The best bit of this game was that pass reception - no one needs me to describe it - you all know. wow

Which one? The scoop off the deflection? That was incredible yep.

Julio Jones had a couple amazing catches completely laid out and knowing exactly where he needed to put his feet just inbounds. That guy is unreal. Came from Alabama.