riggerrob

Silliest ex-post-facto explanation?

Like the title says: what is the silliest logic invented after the decision?

For example: during World War One, generals refused to issue parachutes to pilots for fear that "the cowards would abandon airworthy airplanes to escape the fight."

Truth be told, only the crews of static observation balloons were issued with static-line parachutes. Those chutes were crude and ocaissionally tangled with balloon tethers. Casualties among balloon crews did not make the newspapers because fatality rates were tiny compared with the thousands of foot soldiers who died per day.
Only during the last year (1918) were a few elite German fighter pilots(e.g. Richtofen Staffel) issued crude pilot emergency parachutes developed from balloon 'chutes.
It was not until the 1920s that the USAAF and RAF developed reliable pilot emergency parachutes.

Stumpy

***My sister's reasoning as to why she married her doofus of a husband, and why she had five kids with the loser. :S

Catholicism?

Shotgun wedding? :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not after a "decision," but after a completely false statement...

"I was given that information. Actually, I’ve seen that information around."

:D:D:D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I stand corrected. The United States Army Air Service did a substantial number of test jumps just after World War One.

The USAS collected samples of all the parachutes they could find at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio. They test-jumped all those sample parachutes, then combined the best features into (back, seat and chest) pilot emergency parachutes that were the norm until the Cold War.

United States Army Air Service until 1926. Then United States Army Air Corps until 1942, then they were renamed United States Army Air Force (1947).

The United States Air Force became a separate force during the Cold War (1947). USAF separated because their strategic bombers carried enough A bombs to annihilate most opponents.

I dated a girl who was great but my friends thought she was a bitch. I thought about how she acted towards people sometime (after an intervention from my friends) and realized how she would behave towards me if I broke it off. So I broke it off. Can't have that bullshit. That wasn't so much ex-post-facto but pre-ex-post-facto.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

I dated a girl who was great but my friends thought she was a bitch. I thought about how she acted towards people sometime (after an intervention from my friends) and realized how she would behave towards me if I broke it off. So I broke it off. Can't have that bullshit. That wasn't so much ex-post-facto but pre-ex-post-facto.

Did she behave as expected?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9