WhoDaresWins

Your favourite music genre? (Multiple choice)

80's rock and roll. More specifically, AC/DC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd and some The Clash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBcGJxV_Ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tresPsC7WCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijiazWlawUY
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Billy, how old are you? All those bands are did their best work in the 70s, not the 80s.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

WhoDaresWins

Same!!! Shoot to Thrill and High Way to Hell will always remain on my Top 10 chart.

Hells YEAH. Those are two of my favorites as well.

Living easy, living free...
Season ticket on a one way ride...
Asking nothing, leave me be...
Taking everything in my stride...
Don't need reason...
Don't need rhyme...
Ain't nothing that I'd rather do...
Going down, party time...
All my friends are gonna be there too...
I'm on the highway to hell...

>:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

gowlerk

***80's rock and roll. More specifically, AC/DC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd and some The Clash.

Billy, how old are you? All those bands are did their best work in the 70s, not the 80s.

49, and I didn't really start following music until about 1980. They were all still rocking hard through the 80's anyway.

BillyVance

******80's rock and roll. More specifically, AC/DC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd and some The Clash.

49, and I didn't really start following music until about 1980. They were all still rocking hard through the 80's anyway.

That makes sense. I'm 59, ten years older. Your 80s were my 70s.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

*********80's rock and roll. More specifically, AC/DC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd and some The Clash.

That makes sense. I'm 59, ten years older. Your 80s were my 70s.

:D

The Clash was the first band I followed. Great music, like Magnificent Seven, London Calling, Rock The Casbah, etc. Just the basic no frills punk rock band.

BIGUN

We had no idea how spoiled we were. One week a new Dylan album, the next Blind Faith. A new Led Zeppelin or Stones or ELP. We just shrugged, bought them and loved them. We assumed that incredible music was a regular thing.
Then the late 70s showed us just how wrong we were.

Bob_Church

We had no idea how spoiled we were. One week a new Dylan album, the next Blind Faith. A new Led Zeppelin or Stones or ELP. We just shrugged, bought them and loved them. We assumed that incredible music was a regular thing.

And on top of that, we all looked forward to the inevitable Beatles reunion!

gowlerk

******ROCK!!

And on top of that, we all looked forward to the inevitable Beatles reunion!

I remember people criticizing Badfinger "why bother, they just sound like they're doing The Beatles?" Well yes, but the Beatles didn't break up because nobody wanted to hear them anymore. That's why we got the knockoffs like The Rasberries and Badfinger. It wasn't the Beatles, not even close, but it was all we could get.
Added bonus: No Yoko!