baronn

cessna 182 interior help

Just to be clear, I plan on only using it on the sides and ceiling. Floor will have a new padding. Weight is not an issue. As with many older Cessna's, the interior has been covered in various things and just looks like crap. I need something that will cover that up and still look good. Was hoping to get some input about other options or things that have been done before.

the fire thing may actually be what the FAA look at if they ever decided to question it.

When we put bench seats in the Otter, they wanted us to find 'FAA fired rated foam'.....which does not really really exist, but they settled for furniture foam that meets California fire requirements, the most stringent in the country.

I would think spray on liner would be a fucker to get off if you ever decided you need to remove it

When building an RV-7 over a 4.5 year period we looked at using Hydro-turf Ride Mat Material. Ended up using carpet instead, but if your C-182 is a Jump Plane...this stuff is very durable and holds up well.

http://www.marineparthub.com/SHT40MDPSABLK_HYDRO_TURF_VECTOR_Ride_Mat_Material_Mat_Sheet_40x62_Dia_Blk?src=Google&gclid=CjwKEAjwwcjGBRDj-P7TwcinyBkSJADymblTtOVX5R4XW7JlQUS4xYgPr2t_E_YO5NC2Bza9G7YgOhoCH-nw_wcB

"We're from the government and we're here to help...."
Funny how they ask for shit that they have little knowledge about. No doubt, this is gonna be pretty permanent. It's an old beat up skydive airplane and will never be anything else. I've cleaned most of the old stuff off and it's now just brushed/scarred aluminum. Certainly smells better than it did. I'm not trying to put too much lipstick on this pig, just enuff to keep the date interesting.

Diamond design! Oooh Baby! I'll have to dig out the KC and the Sunshine band soundtrack. It actually looks pretty nice. I'm trying to get away from the cut and stick on stuff. It;s hot where I'm at and I'm gonna be lazy once I get this done.

You might consider FRP (fire resistant panel). It has a pebble like
finish, 1/8' thick and is readily available.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

I couldn't find many interior pictures of the planes at one of the local DZ but the one attached will give you a bit of an idea of what they do.

There is NO interior in their planes, just white paint. The owner will cut off the nuts of anyone that even thinks about putting a sticker in his planes.

There is a mat on the floor and that is all the interior there is. The advantages: light weight, clean professional appearance.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I'm thinking this is really one of those good bad idea's !!!! How in the world would you inspect for cracks or corrosion ? You would be trapping future potential issue's......Don't think the FAA is going to go for this,,,and if you don't double check prior to doing this,,well,,,,,,,,may as well tar and feather your wings while at it....:S

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

IanHarrop

There is NO interior in their planes, just white paint. The owner will cut off the nuts of anyone that even thinks about putting a sticker in his planes.

There is a mat on the floor and that is all the interior there is. The advantages: light weight, clean professional appearance.

Looks ok but it's going to be noisy. Flew a couple 206s for quite a bit. One almost that stripped, the other with a bit of interior....the stripped one was painful without a headset.
SmugMug

What exactly is Rhino Linings made out of?
The Rhino Lining material is a premium quality, 100% solid elastomeric polyurethane. The commonly-used Rhino Lining product is also know as Tuff Stuff. The raw material comes in two parts, resin and isocyanate. The two parts are proportionally combined at the tip of the application gun just as it is sprayed onto the surface. It dries very quickly to form the finished coating.

SOURCE: http://www.rhinometro.com/RM-v09/Pages/trucks_faqs.html#QA13

Polyurethane
Polyurethane is at the top of the list when compared to
other coatings for abrasion-, stain-, and chemical-resistant
properties. Polyurethane was the coating that introduced
the wet look. It has a high degree of natural resistance to the
damaging effects of UV rays from the sun. Polyurethane is
usually the first choice for coating and finishing the corporate
and commercial aircraft in today’s aviation environment.

SOURCE: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aircraft/amt_airframe_handbook/media/ama_Ch08.pdf
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.