Namowal

Noob Cartoons: Skydiving Duck

I've been posting cartoons about my tandem and beginning AFF jumps in the "Introductions" forum, but it's been suggested I post them here, even though I'm far from a liscenced skydiver. So if you haven't seen them, and want to follow my misadventures (I'm a natural chicken so this doesn't come easy for me) :$here they are.

SkyDiving Duck: Chicken of the Sky

SkyDiving Duck III: Parachuting School (Chicken of the Sky, AFF version)

Skydiving Duck IV: Shakes on a Plane (AFF Level 2)

Skydiving Duck V: Altitude! Altitude! Altitude! (AFF 3, attempt 1))

Skydiving Duck IV: AFF 3: Take two, with a Twist

HAHA. Just read the first part.
I love them!! :D

Edit 2: " I reached back again.... ...where was it? The instructor nudged my hand in place. I missed it completely on the third try

Oh no! I'd blown it. Now what? Should I try again? No! Time's running out. Next task!''

LOLL. My thoughts exactly when I missed it too. It was kind of like ''ah shit am I supposed to do it again :D:D

Seriously love the cartoons! I live in the LA area too and hoping to start my AFF soon at Elsinore. Really enjoy the inside perspective on the program you're presenting with your commentary and drawings. I've done tandems and wind tunnel before but until I've worn the chute myself, I can only imagine. :)

Maybe we'll get the chance to jump together once we are both licensed, safe and confident (relatively) skydivers. Keep 'em coming!
Do not pursue happiness. Create it.

Likewise, I really love these.

Thanks for posting them, hopefully you'll still be making them when you're on your way to becoming a badass 4-way jumper or a freefly ninja or wherever your jumping career takes you. You're doing great so far B|

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Seriously love the cartoons! I live in the LA area too and hoping to start my AFF soon at Elsinore. !

That's great! Go for it. :)If they can teach me to skydive, they can teach anyone to skydive!

Maybe we'll get the chance to jump together once we are both licensed, safe and confident (relatively) skydivers. Keep 'em coming!

I'm sure we'll run into each other. The skydiving "world" is remarkably small.

Keep 'em coming!

I'm working on the next installment. It may be a few days late (it's been a busy week). Stay tuned!

Also, thanks for the friendly words, Devildog and Joellercoaster!
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I think she should give the door a little kick while she's climbing into exit position. That'll show him.

I like that idea, but the pilot may have a few things to say about that...

(Should we tell her the jumpsuit handles are called 'grippers'?)

Grippers? Since they get gripped, they should be called Grip-ees, no?;)

p.s. At least I didn't call them the "little yellow sleeve thingies..."

Congrats on passing level 6!

While I'm far too noob to comment on anyone who has over 1 (tandem) jump under his/her belt, I somehow can relate to your comics. :S Well, I did other things that some might consider scary, so that's probably my excuse for it....

I like it - this episode we got to see you wake up and drive to the DZ NAKED:P...

I guess it's kinda like Donald Duck with no pants but a shirt - you have a jumpsuit on the skydives;)

Seriously – I really Love your cartoons… Thanks for putting all the work into them.

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

I like it - this episode we got to see you wake up and drive to the DZ NAKED:P...

I guess it's kinda like Donald Duck with no pants but a shirt - you have a jumpsuit on the skydives;)

Seriously – I really Love your cartoons… Thanks for putting all the work into them.

Naked!? No wonder it seemed kind of chilly that day! :P

I can't wait to see the duck get his SCR ceremony.

SCR ceremony? Please tell me that isn't some weird kind of hazing...;)

Excelent guess :D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Here's the cartoon about my AFF level Six

Sorry it took so long!:$

Standup landings are overrated.;)
Landing safely is all that matters.

Nice to see you passed level six - Keep 'em coming!
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Here's the cartoon about my AFF level Six

Liked it very much, thanks a lot. Though I did level 4 to 7 in one day I can relate to your comics 'cause I blew level 4 and spent the night tossing and turning and thinking it over and over again. Also had problems to arch correctly when I started...

Sorry it took so long!:$

No worries - I like a well-drawn cartoon better than any hastily smeared "artwork". B|

Looking forward to your next cartoons and wish you good luck though you obviously don't need that much luck (due to the skills you've mastered so far)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I think she should give the door a little kick while she's climbing into exit position. That'll show him.

I like that idea, but the pilot may have a few things to say about that...

p.s. At least I didn't call them the "little yellow sleeve thingies..."

#1 - Be nice to the airplane. It gets you safely to altitude. Your "Door Fear" isn't the planes (or the door's) fault.

#2 - For RW purposes, taking "grips", they are "grippers". For AFF purposes, "handling" out of control students (spin stops, roll overs, et cetera) I think "Handles" is perfectly appropriate.

Thanks again, these are wonderful. :)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

#1 - Be nice to the airplane. It gets you safely to altitude. Your "Door Fear" isn't the planes (or the door's) fault.

In all seriousness, I have no plans to kick, slap, scratch, slander, libel or otherwise harm the door or the airplane.:$

#2 - For RW purposes, taking "grips", they are "grippers". For AFF purposes, "handling" out of control students (spin stops, roll overs, et cetera) I think "Handles" is perfectly appropriate.
Thanks again, these are wonderful. :)

You're welcome. Thanks for calling them "wonderful."

In the UK we just call them 'grips'. Seems sensible to me. :)

Yeah but you call an automobile hood a bonnet and skydiving gear is a kit. It's like you have a whole different language over there.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."