Namowal

Noob Cartoons: Skydiving Duck

the last part about the paramedics missing your broken leg, does kinda worries me, especially after a landing like that. . .

Interesting point about them not catching the leg right away. My guess is they focused on my arm first because that was the part I said was damaged, and they (and apparently I) weren't aware that I landed hard enough to further injure myself. I'm sure they would have caught it soon enough.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

the last part about the paramedics missing your broken leg, does kinda worries me, especially after a landing like that. . .

Interesting point about them not catching the leg right away. My guess is they focused on my arm first because that was the part I said was damaged, and they (and apparently I) weren't aware that I landed hard enough to further injure myself. I'm sure they would have caught it soon enough.

did they ever spinally immobilize you? (put you on a long hard board with a collar around your neck to protect your cervical spine) from your story so far it sounds as if they didnt.

I could be way off base here, but based on your story so far it sounds like they didnt, so i was curious as it just kinda jumped out at me.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I thought you had hit the rear edge of the door, not the bottom/floor.

I believe it was the bottom, but it happened so fast that it may have been the rear edge and/or the corner.

did they ever spinally immobilize you? (put you on a long hard board with a collar around your neck to protect your cervical spine) from your story so far it sounds as if they didnt.

Yes, they put the collar on and had me strapped to some kind of board before they loaded me in the ambulance. I remember it being rather awkward for them because the slope I was on was rather steep.

Ok good! The part of them trying to stand you up and then finding he busted leg had me a bit worried. Thx :)

They may have been trying to scoot me closer to the board as opposed to standing me up. A lot of the action was behind me (and I was still in Holy Geez, what have I done to my arm!? mode) so I may have botched a few details.

Ok good! The part of them trying to stand you up and then finding he busted leg had me a bit worried. Thx :)

They may have been trying to scoot me closer to the board as opposed to standing me up. A lot of the action was behind me (and I was still in Holy Geez, what have I done to my arm!? mode) so I may have botched a few details.
Hi Jen:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Its possible. I was just wanted to clarify for myself that it was indeed dOne.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Good catch!B|
Actually I took several artistic liberties for the drawing, both to make it "read" easier and to fit the duck character into the picture. One example- the my front foot would be between my partner's feet in real life, and not way off to the side.

Good catch!B|
Actually I took several artistic liberties for the drawing, both to make it "read" easier and to fit the duck character into the picture. One example- the my front foot would be between my partner's feet in real life, and not way off to the side.
I was more so referring to the direction of exit.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't think this is an artist's impression or recreation for use as evidence.
I think it's a cartoon.
:P

No shit Sherlock
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Excellent cartoon, thanks a lot! Gives a good idea of what happened AND... shows you're obviously healing pretty fast? At least I hope and wish so!

"It felt like both hands reached up. Then I looked down. My bad arm hang, inert, like a piece of meat on a peg." - That's exactly what happened to me when I broke my right humerus and scapula due to premature deployment out of freeflying. The canopy opened but the lines were twisted and I reached up to the risers... WHERE'S MY RIGHT ARM? I was quite relieved it hadn't been cut off, "only" broken... I was lucky though and landed on a field so I didn't do any more harm to myself.

Again, all the best to you, speedy recovery and the best physio! B|

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

That's exactly what happened to me when I broke my right humerus and scapula due to premature deployment out of freeflying. The canopy opened but the lines were twisted and I reached up to the risers... WHERE'S MY RIGHT ARM? I was quite relieved it hadn't been cut off, "only" broken... I was lucky though and landed on a field so I didn't do any more harm to myself.

Again, all the best to you, speedy recovery and the best physio! B|

Weird, isn't it? I also remember feeling the "bad" arm with the good one and having it feel like it belonged to someone else. I guess we aren't wired to deal well with broken parts.
p.s. Thanks for the good wishes:)

Here's the latest one:
How I Broke My Arm & Leg, Part II: Lucky Ducky

Here's why I didn't get too unglued about my accident. I'm not glad it happened, but I remember that it could have been way worse.

p.s. I'm hoping this doesn't come across as me being smug that I "only" got somewhat hurt.

Here's the latest one:

Here's why I didn't get too unglued about my accident. I'm not glad it happened, but I remember that it could have been way worse.

p.s. I'm hoping this doesn't come across as me being smug that I "only" got somewhat hurt.

Love Frida Kahlo duck!!!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Here's the latest one:

Fab stuff! Your reaction to "inner critic" was awesome. :D

One catch: on your lists of what injuries you didn't suffer you have "laceration." Umm... yeah, you got that when the bone protruded from your arm. B| However, (in response to your p.s. above), I think you portrayed your comparative situation quite nicely. Definitely not smug! You are absolutely correct. In the realm of what could go wrong, you have the right perspective. Heal up fast! Can't wait to see you back in the sky.:)
T
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!