Namowal

Noob Cartoons: Skydiving Duck

Inverted rodeo dives are pretty difficult.[:/]
We are impressed that you nailed it on the first try!:D:D:D

That's Inverted-Rodeo-Chinese-Throwing-Star-Spin-dive, pal!B|;)

That's the fun part!
Well, lets just say the video was a slapstick hit (or at least an example of what happens when you aren't falling as fast as the rest of the group).:$
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Nice!!!

You need to work on your exits a little. And adjusting your fall rate while linked a little. And not flipping your partner over a little.

Just a couple minor improvements in a couple of areas and you'll be ready to take on Airspeed, right?? :)

Seriously, you landed safely, learned something and had fun.

That makes it a succesful jump in my opinion.

And I laughed my ass off reading the cartoon. I've made a "zoo dive" or two myself. I remember the first time I accidentaly ended up in someone's burble and crashed down on their back.
And last summer a 4 way linked exit flipped upside down on the hill. We spent about 4000' fighting each other trying to flip it over without letting go the grips before breaking apart. Of course, trying to do an inverted 4way round launched exit, on purpose would be pretty hard.

Accidentaly however...

It's just really funny. ;)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

To Three or not to Three[/url]

I would vote for the three-way. It's one of the most fun things to do ... oh, wait. You must mean skydiving. Never mind.

Being able to laugh at yourself while walking back from the landing area is one of the more fun aspects of growing up in this sport. Enjoy it and get you and your two friends back in the plane for another one.

Skydiving isn't easy. It's going to take quite a few jumps for you to look like those hotshot 4-way teams you see in the videos.

But whatever you do don't ever stop drawing your cartoons. We enjoy them very much.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Thank you for the new cartoon, Namowal. "To Three or Not To Three" is hilarious and yet poignant because we've all been there, just starting out and learning how to fly our bodies. I was LMAO when I saw that the third jumper was not a duck but a green rooster with a red comb and tail... and it looks like he's flying in the mantis position.

Nice!!!

You need to work on your exits a little. And adjusting your fall rate while linked a little. And not flipping your partner over a little.

Just a couple minor improvements in a couple of areas and you'll be ready to take on Airspeed, right?? :)

Well, if I can learn the "eye gouge pass" I'd be able to take on the Three Stooges.:P

And I laughed my ass off reading the cartoon. I've made a "zoo dive" or two myself. I remember the first time I accidentaly ended up in someone's burble and crashed down on their back.
And last summer a 4 way linked exit flipped upside down on the hill. We spent about 4000' fighting each other trying to flip it over without letting go the grips before breaking apart. Of course, trying to do an inverted 4way round launched exit, on purpose would be pretty hard.

Accidentaly however...

It's just really funny. ;)

Thanks. B|

Skydiving isn't easy. It's going to take quite a few jumps for you to look like those hotshot 4-way teams you see in the videos.

Heck, I'll settle for being able to exit without flipping over. That's driving me crazy!

But whatever you do don't ever stop drawing your cartoons. We enjoy them very much.

Hey, thanks!

Thank you for the new cartoon, Namowal.

You're very welcome. :)

Agreed with commenter "Anonymous"- no more solos.

I'm fine with that, as long as I can rope others into jumping with me.:)

And post the video!

Oh, I'd post it if I had it. It was recorded from the helmet cam of the guy I exited with. If I see him again I'll ask if he still has it. It's pretty funny. All it needs is the Benny Hill theme playing in the background!:D

Thanks for sharing. Again, I recognised my beginner's ventures. Also had a problem with fall rate. Fiddled and fiddled, tried and tried. Then I was told to buckle up that bl**dy 5 kg lead belt and, hey, there I was! I felt comfortable and didn't have to concentrate on aaaaarching like hell and so I was more relaxed etc pp. Got me my own one, used it quite a while, then less and less and now I usually lend it to young ducklings of the sky! B|
Tracking away was OK, don't worry, you'll manage, heh heh.

P.S.: The 3rd guy - if he did float the way you painted it - he didn't do it well: If you wanna float, you shouldn't tilt yer head back, works contra-productively. Turn 90° to the formation, flooooaaat and look to the formation. This way you can keep your head low which also supports your floating position. Just to let you know, your instructors will tell you more precisely. B|

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

To Three or not to Three[/url]

I would vote for the three-way. It's one of the most fun things to do ... oh, wait. You must mean skydiving. Never mind.

Hey, Jen! Congratulations. You're now qualified to wear this ;) (I have a few of these -- some even say "girlfriend") :D:P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Hey, Jen! Congratulations. You're now qualified to wear this ;) (I have a few of these -- some even say "girlfriend") :D:P

*snicker*
:D

p.s. I don't owe beer for a three way until I actually am docked to two other people, right?

I don't owe beer for a three way until I actually am docked to two other people, right?

First three-way attempt (Beer!)

First three-way success (Beer!)

I have a hunch which dropzone might be yours...:P

I'd find it pretty scary sitting next to the door with no rig on!!!.

Even if you were a bird?

Some birds don't fly.....although I've come across a few turkeys in the sky in my time....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

"As god as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

- Les Nessman
-Aurthur Carlson

FIFY. Sheesh.

Les Nessman was doing the on scene broadcast and said "The turkeys are falling like sacks of wet cement. Oh the humanity."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo