Namowal

Noob Cartoons: Skydiving Duck

"Oh noes! If I pull the red handle I'll drop a whole foot!"B|

...and after dropping a whole foot you will limp!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DSCNR

I'd rather do the check dive 20 times till I get it right than to be awarded an "A" before I'm safe enough to jump with others.

The right attitude, but I'm pretty sure you'll do it next time. Finger crossed. :)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

"Oh noes! If I pull the red handle I'll drop a whole foot!"B|

...and after dropping a whole foot you will limp!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DSCNR

I'd rather do the check dive 20 times till I get it right than to be awarded an "A" before I'm safe enough to jump with others.

The right attitude, but I'm pretty sure you'll do it next time. Finger crossed. :)

Just noticed the "if you drop a foot you'll limp" comment. Heh heh :)

Still drawing the pictures about what happened during the next try- sorry for the delay! :)
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I love your cartoons! Tomorrow is my AFF Level 4 and I find myself struggling with my frog brain :S. It's great to read stories that are so wonderfully illustrated that I can personally relate to. I love how you brought humor to the stressful process of learning to skydive!

Thank you for sharing!

Hey, thanks for telling me this! Good luck on AFF level 4.
As you've no doubt been told, it does get easier! That being said, when people leave the plane before me, Frogbrain says "People are falling off an edge and that's bad!"
But then I'm out the door flying/falling with that amazing view and I'm thinking "Whee! &@!! you, Frogbrain!" ;)

lol! Totally true!

I did my level 4 this morning, and it was awesome! I definitely did a lot of mental training and prep for this one, and it helped tremendously. Also, your awesome depictions of fear helped me to keep him on the ground and out of the plane :)
The biggest help for me has been to remind myself why I started skydiving in the first place... "Why do I want to jump out of a plane again???? Because it's freaking FUN!" Once my feet leave the plane and I start flying, all the pieces come together. Skydiving is the most liberating, exciting, and fun experience that only a few of us can challenge ourselves to pursue.

On to level 5!

Thanks for the story. Holy windsock! I like this exclamation :)I'm looking forward to your next adventures in the sky.

Thanks. More adventures to come, including what happened on my first attempt at a 3 way jump. I'm surprised the video isn't circulating as one of those slapsticky "Fail!" clips. :$B|:D

If you're in frame enough to be recognizable at any point on your first attempt at a 3-way jump, it's not a fail :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

More adventures to come, including what happened on my first attempt at a 3 way jump. I'm surprised the video isn't circulating as one of those slapsticky "Fail!" clips. :$B|:D

Oh, did you really just say that? :D

I say it doesn't count until I end up actually docked to two other people. :P;)

Is that 'ducking' or 'docking' ;)

Docking is when you do it correctly. Ducking is when you'd like to dock, but backslide, shoot past the dockee, find yourself in burbleland... :$

When you debrief, you say "I ducked up!" :P

God I wish weather wasn't so bad here in Canada.

Do the longer daylight hours in the summer make up for lost winter time?

The May issue of "Parachutist" just arrived...with Duck.

That's one of my favorite "episodes." Boy, was I scared!:o
When I get nervous now I remind myself "Well, it used to be a lot worse..."

Awesome work getting your A!

I think I paid more attention to your progression than I did my own. Can't wait to jump with you sometime. B|

Thanks, Trafficdiver. Hopefully my jumping-with-others skills will have improved by the time we go out the door together!

Skydiving Duck is my hero. :)
Just starting out here and will see myself through this cartoon. Thanks for sharing your talent! Awesome humor!

Thanks, UliToo. I'm not sure what's a bigger surprise- that I became a skydiver or that my duck character has gotten so much kind feedback.
Good luck with your progression (Though I bet you do great!):)

Here's what happened a few weeks ago when I tried my first three way jump. Not one of my finer moments, but incentive to practice, practice, practice...

[Url http://tailotherat.blogspot.com/2012/05/to-three-or-not-to-three.html]To Three or not to Three[/url]