airdvr

Need some tech support

I use Outlook 2016 connected to my Yahoo email account. Yahoo has been throwing up a warning (see attached pic). So, when Outlook tries to login to Yahoo it gets blocked by the pop-up. I'm using Chrome and pop-ups are turned off. I've read bad things when using third party programs when the Yahoo more secure login is allowed. I'd love to ditch Yahoo but it's a business address.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

If only it was that easy. SO I decided that Outlook 16 ought to be one of the apps Yahoo sees as more secure. So I authorized the 2 step process (because that seems to be the only workaround. Then I get this message when Outlook 16 attempts to login...

Your account is currently not enabled to sign in from apps that do not meet modern security standards (ex. Older versions of mail and calendar apps such as Outlook). As a result, we prevented a sign in to your Yahoo account.
Date and Time: April 5, 2017 9:34:18 AM PDT Location: Ohio, United States (IP Address: 24.140.50.12)
We strongly recommend that you switch to Yahoo's apps such as Yahoo Mail on desktop and mobile and remove your account from all other less secure apps.
If you still want to use an app that uses less secure sign in, go to https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps and turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in". This is not recommended and may leave your account more vulnerable to compromise. To learn more, please visit our help page: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html.

Yahoo sucks!

Destinations by Roxanne

I have the "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" turned on, but still get the stupid pop-up. I just click "I understand the risks" about once a day and get on with my life.

You would think Yahoo would throw a cookie that indicates I understand the risk and quit notifying me - but they don't. >:(

For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Yahoo sucks!

I thought all of humankind knew this.
Using Yahoo for business purposes is a bad idea to me.
Register a domain already!

I only use Yeehaw for not-reply required registrations (only after deciding I didn't want to use [email protected] or [email protected]), then chuckle when I get the notice to my regular email address they prevented a log on attempt from Ukraine or Viet Nam.

normiss

Yahoo sucks!

I only use Yeehaw for not-reply required registrations (only after deciding I didn't want to use [email protected] or [email protected]), then chuckle when I get the notice to my regular email address they prevented a log on attempt from Ukraine or Viet Nam.

I have a domain. But I've used that address for my business for almost 5 years. I'm afraid if I change it some of my clients will lose track of me. Not to mention all of the apps that I use that are tied to that address.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Yahoo sucks!

I have a domain. But I've used that address for my business for almost 5 years. I'm afraid if I change it some of my clients will lose track of me. Not to mention all of the apps that I use that are tied to that address.

Yahoo has a forwarding functionality I believe - set up your domain, stick it on Google Apps (or whatever) and then set up the forward.
You could then put an autoresponse on anything coming in from that address to say "I am moving on from this address, please change your contact details for me". That way its just a relay, and once you aren't getting anything from that one except for spam you could kill it.

Would that work?
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I would also suggest that.
I tend to pass up Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail email addresses used for business due to the security risks.
I'm not willing to send any financial information via those channels.
It just doesn't seem professional to me either.