phoenixlpr

Alpine skydiving for anyone?

this is soooo last summer....
there has already been threads with that video, plus feedback from the people who actually jumped, and the person who filmed that.

+1
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

First i have seen of it,

sheesh what a close call.

He could have had not a bad run down that hill afterwards right down to the tarn.:P

but seriously they had alot of time to see where the were.

I jump in an area with hills and mountains too, and we must must must check the spot.

complacency kills.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I jump in an area with hills and mountains too, and we must must must check the spot.

complacency kills.

if you find the original thread, you will understand a bit more about why... This boogie was a real carnage. Of what I heard, 6 heli rescues in a week (not all life flights, but we have choppers to rescue, so we use them) AFAIK one of the jumpers who got injured (not in the mountain, a bad swoop on the normal landing area) is still in a coma (7months later)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

complacency kills.

if you find the original thread, you will understand a bit more about why... This boogie was a real carnage. Of what I heard, 6 heli rescues in a week (not all life flights, but we have choppers to rescue, so we use them) AFAIK one of the jumpers who got injured (not in the mountain, a bad swoop on the normal landing area) is still in a coma (7months later)

i heard this guy died!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i heard this guy died!?

The french do not talk about their incidents. Latest news I had was he was in a coma. It is possible that he unfortunately passed away, but in France unless you are a DT (french DZO+S&TA), it's almost impossible to get news.
In Switzerland it has not been reported on Swissskydive.org . We will see if anything filters out at the delegiertversammlung

i heard this guy died!?

according to my latest news, he has been out of coma for a couple of weeks (undefined), physically doing pretty good, doesn't limp anymore, can put his clothes on alone, still needs some reeducation.
but apparently still needs some more "mental" recuperation, apparently he wouldn't always answer to questions and such. Needs some rest and training for the head and he should make a pretty good recovery, given the gravity of the incident.