quade

Oh screw you, Burger King

Okay, that was the polite version for the subject line, so pardon my French here.

FUCK YOU, Burger King.

What the fuck were you thinking?

Burger King's New Ad Will Hijack Your Voice-Activated Speaker

By saying "OK Google" in its new TV ad, Burger King opens a Pandora's box for ads that hijack voice-prompted gadgets.

Burger King is launching a full-fledged marketing blitz based on triggering voice-activated Google devices, in what could become a grim precedent for TV and radio ads talking directly to voice-activated gadgets like smartphones and Amazon's Echo speakers.

The fast-food company's new TV ad features a person looking directly into the camera and saying "OK Google, what is the Whopper burger?" — which, if everything goes as planned, will trigger Google devices like the Google Home assistant and Android phones that have enabled voice search.

In a demo, the ad prompts a Google Home voice-activated speaker to start reading a description of the Whopper from Wikipedia.

Source and more.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/venessawong/burger-kings-new-ad-will-hijack-your-google-home?utm_term=.rbBzdzJnR#.uqQ969QEd
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

"OK Google, what is the Whopper burger?"

anyone that actually calls it a "Whopper burger" instead of a "Whopper" deserves to be ostracized from society

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***"OK Google, what is the Whopper burger?"

anyone that actually calls it a "Whopper burger" instead of a "Whopper" deserves to be ostracized from society

Yeah but you might get a different definition if you don't ad the noun burger after Whopper.;)
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Some smart people decided to hack their attempt :ph34r:

From this article:
Almost immediately after the ad was first released, Wikipedia users began to alter the site's entry for the Whopper, in an attempt to prank the pranksters and trick Google Home devices into reading out ingredients for the whopper that included "cyanide" and "a medium-sized child."

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

I don't even like listening to those video ads on the gas pumps while I'm filling my tank...

I've tried pushing all the buttons hoping for a "mute" function, but can't one...

Has any human on the planet actually bought something because of a video ad on a gas pump?

LolaJov

I don't even like listening to those video ads on the gas pumps while I'm filling my tank...

I've tried pushing all the buttons hoping for a "mute" function, but can't one...

Has any human on the planet actually bought something because of a video ad on a gas pump?

Next thing you know, you'll have 3D holographic sharks coming out at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d68yRIE9OvQ

These people knew this shit was coming. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban