oldwomanc6

Whatever happened to golf claps?

Mr.owc6 is watching the Masters, and people are screaming like they're at the Super Bowl.

It used to be that both the crowd and the announcers would whisper, and maybe you would hear the occasional gasp and appreciative murmur.

What gives?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

What is this "golf" of which you speak, woman? I think I once heard something about a game for non-skydivers. No, that was something called, "Bowling." So, I guess the bottom line is - since I don't know how the other half lives... I'll simply not care, M'lady. ;)

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

oldwomanc6

Mr.owc6 is watching the Masters, and people are screaming like they're at the Super Bowl.

It used to be that both the crowd and the announcers would whisper, and maybe you would hear the occasional gasp and appreciative murmur.

What gives?

We were just discussing that while watching awhile ago. I took a serious test today for a medgas cert. The other students woundn't STFU during the test. I finally stood up and told them all to STFU. Class went silent. No common courtesy in this world anymore it seems.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

akarunway

***Mr.owc6 is watching the Masters, and people are screaming like they're at the Super Bowl.

What gives?

We were just discussing that while watching awhile ago. I took a serious test today for a medgas cert. The other students woundn't STFU during the test. I finally stood up and told them all to STFU. Class went silent. No common courtesy in this world anymore it seems.Cool.

Not sure that telling everyone to STFU is common curtesy, but it sounds as if it was effective. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

What gives?

Was Happy Gilmore there? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

oldwomanc6

What gives?

" GET IN THE HOLE !!!!!!!!!!! " ..... HE is the SCREAMER that drives me crazy. Right after a putt is tapped, some DUDE has to SCREAM it. You never hear the ladies yelling get it the hole. Thanks girls. :)
Life is short ... jump often.

jumpsalot-2

***Mr.owc6 is watching the Masters, and people are screaming like they're at the Super Bowl.

What gives?

" GET IN THE HOLE !!!!!!!!!!! " ..... HE is the SCREAMER that drives me crazy. Right after a putt is tapped, some DUDE has to SCREAM it. You never hear the ladies yelling get it the hole. Thanks girls. :)
I think it comes from the Ryder Cup competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAw3doUjqh8
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

jumpsalot-2

What gives?

Happy Gilmore [to his golf ball] "You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME! SUCK MY WHITE ASS, BALL!"

Couldn't help it. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Somewhere I have a full page cartoon - something like the New Yorker cartoons - where the is a golf announcer is hanging on the old classic small tree branch 50 feet below the edge of a cliff. He is saying "help" "help", but his voice is depicted in very very small print.

There is a large gathering of people on the lawn and near the edge, sipping their drinks, etc. oblivious to his plight. For no good reason, other than this is a cartoon, there is a large coil of rope laying right there.

Caption is, "Melvin, golf announcer falls to his death, unable to shake his golf announcer voice."

I wish I could find it to copy and post. Have looked and just can't locate it.