hcsvader

Woman stuck on crane hook

http://www.q107.com/2017/04/26/operation-underway-to-rescue-woman-stuck-on-crane-in-toronto/?sc_ref=facebook

Apparently this is still unfolding. Climbed up the crane mast, slid down the wire and now stuck on top of the hook.

Ive done some dumb shit while drunk, but damn!
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

That's a local story for me in Toronto, and it'll be interesting to see what her story is.

I can understand that BASE jumpers or Urban Explorers might occasionally get stuck somewhere, but this looks both very gutsy and totally unprepared?!

Phillbo

Why not just lower the hook to the ground instead of sending a person up to repel down to her?

That would require her to hold her balance while the wires she's holding move through her fingers. She'd then sue the crane company if she fell and hurt herself.

I'm amazed that she made it down the wires. They're metal and typically covered in grease.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***Why not just lower the hook to the ground instead of sending a person up to repel down to her?

That would require her to hold her balance while the wires she's holding move through her fingers. She'd then sue the crane company if she fell and hurt herself.

I'm amazed that she made it down the wires. They're metal and typically covered in grease.

Or she could sit down and straddle the hook she is standing on.

I wondered how she made it safely with all the grease that is on those things as well.

I wouldn't if I were them (the crane operators), that would a big old "not my problem" kind of day. Those aren't made to be moved with a human on them as in they don't move smoothly with a light load. It would likely bounce around as they lowered it and they have no idea what she's about or what kind of physical or mental state she's in or if she'll stick her hand into the pulleys thinking it's a good place to hold on.

DJL

***Why not just lower the hook to the ground instead of sending a person up to repel down to her?

I heard the guy who rescued her interviewed. They considered getting the crane operator, but he wasn't available at the time. What they did was the quickest thing they could think of. He said she was remarkably calm and cooperative with him, and that it was very cold. She promised to get together with him another day and tell him the story of how she did it. But they didn't waste much time on it during the rescue.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Transcript of the interview is here. Scroll down a little.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.4086500/april-26-2017-episode-transcript-1.4088832

She is charged with six counts of mischief?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

"RW: Like we were on a park bench. Yeah it was pretty, it was pretty surreal. I mean it's funny cause you're 150 feet in air, and I said to her “Wow, we’ve got a nice view here”. She said “Yeah, it is nice”. I said, “You’ve got your camera? We should take a picture.” She said “No, I don’t”. I said “Aw, I didn’t bring mine either"
:D:D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

"RW: Like we were on a park bench. Yeah it was pretty, it was pretty surreal. I mean it's funny cause you're 150 feet in air, and I said to her “Wow, we’ve got a nice view here”. She said “Yeah, it is nice”. I said, “You’ve got your camera? We should take a picture.” She said “No, I don’t”. I said “Aw, I didn’t bring mine either"
:D:D

She would make a good BASE jumper but it sounds like she doesn't try to bring a GoPro with her everywhere so maybe not.

gowlerk

Transcript of the interview is here. Scroll down a little.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.4086500/april-26-2017-episode-transcript-1.4088832

She is charged with six counts of mischief?

Interesting interview with the fire/rescue guy. I love how he got picked for the rescue. He does a pretty good interview too. All he cared about was getting her down safely, and getting her any help she might have needed. I'd love to hear the 'rest of the story' on this one (why she did it and how she got up there).

I would guess that "Mischief" is similar to "Disorderly Conduct" here in the US. Very much an "I don't know what we should charge her with, but after all the hoopla, we have to charge her with something" sort of catch-all charge.

No damage, so not vandalism. Probably no forced entry, so no burglary (nothing taken either). Criminal Trespass? Maybe.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Amazon

***http://www.q107.com/2017/04/26/operation-underway-to-rescue-woman-stuck-on-crane-in-toronto/?sc_ref=facebook

Apparently this is still unfolding. Climbed up the crane mast, slid down the wire and now stuck on top of the hook.

Ive done some dumb shit while drunk, but damn!

Are you saying she is a hooker?

Somehow that reminded me of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RnqTTNO3nI:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Apparently she likes to climb things. And take pictures.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/toronto/suspect-faces-six-mischief-charges-because-woman-on-a-crane-incident-endangered-lives-halted-construction&pubdate=2017-04-28

http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/04/crane-girl-toronto/

She is getting way too much attention it seems.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers. :P;)

I am guessing she thought she could climb back up but once she was on the crane hook she realized it was a one way ticket! I doubt the plan was once I get here I have to get rescued.

I don't get the lack of camera though, unless she tossed it to a friend after she realized that she fucked up!

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I don't get the lack of camera though, unless she tossed it to a friend after she realized that she fucked up!

She probably had someone nearby with a long lens. None of the other pics of her up high are selfies. She has an accomplice somewhere. That's probably who started the rescue as well. It was night time. She would have waited a long time to be noticed in the dark.