piisfish

Question for the moderators

piisfish

In order to understand better the drama, could you tell us if the "fuck you Moderators " threads came from an Australian tandem passenger ?

Doubt you'll get an answer. I'm apparently banned for life from SC for bashing crooked cops.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

There's a couple more up now.

From the replies in the Intro & Greets, I would guess that a certain perma-banned serial sock-puppet troll is finally seeing an ISP-wide ban.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I have a feeling that you are pretty close on that...

If someone gets banned a dozen or more times and one of the rules to the site is that if you are banned and we see another account by you we will ban any further accounts why would you want to spend your time coming back?

Its like a guest that shows up to your party - at first they are great and brought a case of beer so you are happy to have them around and like seeing them having fun, after a few events they ended up just causing some issues with other guests and you are forced to ask them not to come back. They started sneaking in to the party when the host was not around and when caught had to be asked to leave. Eventually the host just gets tired of asking them to leave and if they see them sneaking around at all they just shut the doors to lock that person out.

What I don't get is why someone would want to keep coming back to a site that they have been told that they are not welcome at?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

normiss

Except those in the party would prefer they not attend.

you are so judgemental :)
What credentials do you have ? He has more paying tandem jumps than most. So he knows what is best.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I have some questions. How are the proverbial "doors and windows" locked? I'm not really a computer guy. What stops someone from just creating new user accounts and keep posting? Can a devices IP address be blocked? Then what if someone is using a VPN to hide their IP address? Just curious about how a perma-block is done.
Muff #5048

BillyVance

***Because they feel that they are a good addition to the party :D

Kinda like Funks? :D

Hey, nobody does sock puppets like Funks!:D
I don't mind them if they are done cleverly.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Because they feel that they are a good addition to the party :D

I don't check in for a couple of days and miss all the fun! :(

:P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

Short version:
This latest fool spammed every forum with his rants in new threads.
Then he started going through the forums resurrecting ancient threads with his rants.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Short version:
Then he started going through the forums resurrecting ancient threads with his rants.:S

So, no fun, after all?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

Short version:

So, no fun, after all?

Well, it was fun seeing some of the ancient threads, with posts from users that have moved on, or passed on, whom I hadn't thought about for quite a while.

millertime24

I have some questions. How are the proverbial "doors and windows" locked? I'm not really a computer guy. What stops someone from just creating new user accounts and keep posting? Can a devices IP address be blocked? Then what if someone is using a VPN to hide their IP address? Just curious about how a perma-block is done.

Well, as this tool has demonstrated, they can't be totally, permanently "locked out." As far as I understand (and I'm likely wrong on some of this), they will block users, and then sock puppets if they are reasonably certain that the sock puppet is a banned user. If it persists, they will block the ISP address (or a section of it, not totally sure on the terminology). They don't like to do this, because it blocks a bunch of people, some of whom might want to be legitimately on here. IIRC, Rhys was persistent enough, and annoying enough that they did this to him, which resulted in a few others at his DZ being blocked. When those others complained, it was explained that if they could get Rhys to stop making sock puppets, then the block would be lifted.

And any sort of VPN or ISP address 'camouflager" renders that ineffective.

As a side note, I'm on a couple forums run by "Internet Brands". They have a lot of different ones. Part of their TOS is that making a sock puppet to get around a ban results in a $5000 fine. Not sure if they put it on the CC used to pay for membership (if one was bought), or if they just send a bill, knowing it won't get paid, but also knowing it will show up on a credit report.

ryoder

Short version:
Then he started going through the forums resurrecting ancient threads with his rants.Crazy

And that behavior is pretty much a signature of a certain "web site vandal." I've suspected he was on here. There have been a few users who had a 'suspiciously similar' posting/writing style, but I couldn't be sure enough to call him out.
I've done it in the past, and he sends nasty PMs. BFD.

He keeps showing up, complaining that the mods are "out of control" and "out to get him", so he pulls crap like this. He seems to think he has a right to be here, and when told "no", goes on these rants.

I wonder if the organizations he's part of at home (he holds officer positions in a couple groups) know how juvenile, petty and vindictive he gets when he can't have his way.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

ryoder

******Because they feel that they are a good addition to the party :D

IIRC, his greatest episode was as Mishskygirl, complete with an avatar of a hot young lady. He had at least 50 horny fuckers PM'ing him thinking she was for real! :D

FutureDivot smelled his scam out though and offered to "meet" her (him) and it was about that time when he decided he'd gone far enough. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban