Calvin19

Chasing Coral (Documentary)(Netflix)

This is a great film for anyone who likes the world beneath the waves or wants to see some awesome truly unique cinematography and learn about ocean things should watch this documentary. It just got released on Netflix.
Plus, I shot the aerial footage for the film and helped install the underwater time-lapse cameras. B|:)

https://www.chasingcoral.com

[Edit]Independent fact-check review of the science-
http://www.bitsofscience.org/climate-change-chasing-coral-movie-watch-7376/

I've been diving for more than 40 years and have seen the damage first hand. It is so bad that I don't see significant changes in several lifetimes. It might just be too late. A recent trip to Maldives is sad. We had to look for living coral. On the other hand, south Cuba is pristine. The only anecdotal reason is that very few people live on the south side of Cuba !
Dano

danornan

I've been diving for more than 40 years and have seen the damage first hand. It is so bad that I don't see significant changes in several lifetimes. It might just be too late. A recent trip to Maldives is sad. We had to look for living coral. On the other hand, south Cuba is pristine. The only anecdotal reason is that very few people live on the south side of Cuba !

A full equal to anyone's first skydive is to swim down a coral reef surrounded by a 000 to 3,000 tropical fish of every color. Each one paying no attention to you and just going about their business. To have the corals of every color, the fish of every color all around you.

Phil1111

A full equal to anyone's first skydive is to swim down a coral reef surrounded by a 000 to 3,000 tropical fish of every color. Each one paying no attention to you and just going about their business. To have the corals of every color, the fish of every color all around you.

I could not agree more. Like skydiving it has gear-intensive training, mind-fucking to people never exposed to it before. And the beauty is of another world co-existing on a pale blue dot. And like skydiving you rarely if ever meet someone who regrets it.

Yep. I'm very glad I got a chance to see the coral reefs around Hawaii and Belize and on the Great Barrier Reef when I did.