katearnold

Not at all sure where to put this but for people who wanted to know what happened next

Hi, there was a thread a long time ago that ended up causing a lot of controversy and I don't want to post on that for fear of upsetting people. I was told that I should really do follow up in Bonfire of The Vanities, so this is just for people who are interested in what Jamie did next. So, apart from coming 11th in AAA at The Bodyflight World Challenge in the tunnel this year with his team Co-motion, Jamie finally got to do his first sky competition yesterday having turned 18 and he got a Bronze medal at The British Nationals in Freefly with his team Volosity Freefly. Next he's back to the tunnel to train with his team The Dynamos ready to do dynamic at Inflight Dubai Clash of Champions and he's going to carry on trying to get to 1000 jumps whilst he's still 18 (he's on 800 and something right now but the weather has been a serious problem this summer). Thanks to everyone who has taken an interest and been supportive.

yoink

*** he's going to carry on trying to get to 1000 jumps whilst he's still 18

I hate him already! :D:D

Pfft! Charlie Mullins had like 4000 jumps by the time he turned 18! :D

(I might be off by 1000 jumps or so but still...)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

katearnold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75u6ZpZQ3so

for those who are interested (I also apologise to those people who find it annoying - like sadly most of my family do and can't see why my son would want to "waste his time" jumping out of planes)

Clicky Fixy. :)
No need to apologize to the haters.

Don't even try to explain it to the family. They don't get it, and never will, unless they experience it for themselves.

The joy it brings him should be enough.
Have you tried it yet? ;)

Edit to add: Watched the video. Holy Crap!!! That kid is good!!!.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Just for those who are interested, so ignore if not - he won the 2WD at The Bodyflight World Challenge last weekend with his team The Dynamos, as well as coming 3rd in artistics and 15th in AAA with his flat flying team Co-motion. This is the interview they did with him afterwards which shows their final round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3UsET5aZD0

He's still stuck on 960 jumps due to a disastrous trip to Dubai in February where everyone but Jamie managed to injure themselves so he didn't make it to 1000 jumps at 18 but c'est la vie. :D

He just won UK Nationals, Freestyle A: He'd been training AAA all year in the US, Dubai and Portugal but the team split up less than a month to go so he decided to have a go at Freestyle and came away with a surprise gold medal, mostly down to his awesome camera flyer Dan Guest - so, in case you want to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld7ZyfFyTy4

jamiesmum

Just in case anyone out there is still following any of this and would like to know

https://www.facebook.com/Volosity/videos/1313819452077550/

he just got Bronze at Freestyle at The World Cup in Germany :)
Pretty proud of him

You have every right to be proud.

He's come a long way.

FWIW, this forum doesn't automatically create links. They have to be made manually, it is now fixed.

:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo