millertime24

Look who made.the news....again

Every DB Cooper thread that has been started in the Bonfire has been locked or shitcanned. You guys are slipping. :P

It is the only unsolved hijacking in American history. And every year that goes by, the likelihood of it being solved dims even further. I'd guess chances of that happening is now in the tenths of a percentage point, maybe even hundredths...

At least DB Cooper ensured there would not be another hijacking with an escape plan as he executed it. They changed the 727's aft door so it couldn't be opened in flight. So there's that.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

...At least DB Cooper ensured there would not be another hijacking with an escape plan as he executed it. They changed the 727's aft door so it couldn't be opened in flight. So there's that.

Not quite.

The "Cooper Vane" (small airfoil that uses the relative wind to hold the rear airstairs up) wan't developed until after Richard McCoy did his "copycat" hijack a few months after "Dan Cooper" pulled of his.

And I highly doubt that this idiot has anything of value...

To anyone but the "History Channel" (and I use the word "History" with a lot of sarcasm).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

...At least DB Cooper ensured there would not be another hijacking with an escape plan as he executed it. They changed the 727's aft door so it couldn't be opened in flight. So there's that.

Not quite.

The "Cooper Vane" (small airfoil that uses the relative wind to hold the rear airstairs up) wan't developed until after Richard McCoy did his "copycat" hijack a few months after "Dan Cooper" pulled of his.

And I highly doubt that this idiot has anything of value...

To anyone but the "History Channel" (and I use the word "History" with a lot of sarcasm).

Ah, I remember the copycat hijacker... couldn't remember whether he was before or after DB Cooper
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Ah, I remember the copycat hijacker... couldn't remember whether he was before or after DB Cooper

Pssst!
If he did it before Cooper, he wouldn't be a copycat, now would he?:P
:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Pssst!
If he did it before Cooper, he wouldn't be a copycat, now would he?:P
:D

Just referring to him like the poster who I replied to did.

BillyVance

Every DB Cooper thread that has been started in the Bonfire has been locked or shitcanned. You guys are slipping. :P

There was a long history and story behind it -- essentially this is dropzone.com, not nut case central. The situation has sort of resolved itself. If this thread ever got out of hand we'd isolate it like the other one.

Let's just not let this get out of hand with wacko conspiracy theories numbering in the thousands of pages. ;). K?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Every DB Cooper thread that has been started in the Bonfire has been locked or shitcanned. You guys are slipping. :P

There was a long history and story behind it -- essentially this is dropzone.com, not nut case central. The situation has sort of resolved itself. If this thread ever got out of hand we'd isolate it like the other one.

Let's just not let this get out of hand with wacko conspiracy theories numbering in the thousands of pages. ;). K?

I guess some people will post just to get in this one before you lock it huh??
:)

There was a long history and story behind it -- essentially this is dropzone.com, not nut case central.

The denizens of Speaker Corner object to your characterization of this place as something other than nutcase central.

- Dan G

DanG

There was a long history and story behind it -- essentially this is dropzone.com, not nut case central.

The denizens of Speaker Corner object to your characterization of this place as something other than nutcase central.

Don't know if you've read the Cooper thread, but "one particular ding-a-ling" had a serious case of "imagination run amok".

There were some serious sleuths, very intelligent people, and even a for-real FBI guy for a bit. That thread (two actually - original that got locked and the second, epic one) really had some good information in it. I was reading it pretty regularly until Mrs Ding-a-ling went off the deep end.

Where else could you find a nuclear scientist charting the path of the plane, an amateur hydrologist figuring out how a bundle of money could end up on Tena Bar and at the same time have someone seriously suggest that Cooper had ties to the Florida mob and was associated with both the assassination attempts on Castro and James Earl Ray's killing of MLK.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo