efs4ever

Eclipse Video

efs4ever

Heard stories about frying sensors. It was high and hot.
Just trying to minimize damage.

That's true, just thought if you had the right filter, it wouldn't be an issue, but I'm no expert.

ETA - I'm definitely going to make plans to catch the next eclipse in 2024 when it passes over Texas. My in-laws live in the Austin area now.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I started to go to Casper, WY for the eclipse as part of a 5,000 mile bike ride up to Bonners Ferry, Idaho. Heard about the traffic jams, so my riding buddy and I decided to saunter on over to Pocatello, ID for the night (Comfort Inn = $350.00 for the night) Then, we rode north that Monday morning to Idaho Falls. People were lined up all along the Snake River.

We pulled into an Applebee's and the entire staff was outside in the parking lot with their glasses on. They asked if they were going to have to work or could they watch the Eclipse. We told them we were here to watch the Eclipse also and then have some lunch. One of the girls thanked us and as I was pulling out my paper plates to make the sun hole; the girl asked if we had eclipse glasses. We said, "No." there's another way to watch it. She came over and gave us each a pair of eclipse glasses.

Your film portrays exactly what we saw. I had this great idea to take a pic of the eclipse with my cell camera through the eclipse glasses. That didn't work so well. :D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BillyVance

I tried the same thing. Couldn't hold the phone still enough, and it still came out way too tiny with a bit of a zig zag light trail. :D

I was out on a boat (actually, several rafted together) in the middle of Lake Murray, Columbia, SC, and needless to say, the photo platform wasn't the best for taking pics, but was amazing for viewing! B|

I'm surprised this is as clear as it is. :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Interesting video! There are lots out there taken with the solar filter. Yours does a much better job of showing the "atmosphere" around the event, the "sunset in the middle of the day" effect. Obviously you would not have been able to capture that without the tree mostly blocking the sun.

Don