Nataly

Laptop screen repair

Hiya Peeps!

Question for the geeks... One of our employees has busted his laptop screen... When the computer is docked and with an external screen everything works perfectly, so seems insane to me to buy a new laptop for what should be a $50 repair... :S

Now I usually buy replacement screens from www.laptopscreen.com but they are out of stock... I have also tried the usual sites (amazon, eBay) and also a random google search with the computer model and also the P/N from the screen itself but no joy (apart from unreliable distributors in Hong Kong). Have tried finding a computer being sold for parts (depending on the damage) and no joy there either.

Does anyone have tips and/or know of reliable sites for replacement screens?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Laptop is a Fujitsu LB U772 14" (it says ©2012 - but bought in 2014)

Screen is a LP140WH6-TSA2
P/N 6870S-1419A
designed 12.03.14
(Matte)

FYI - I lifted the plastic frame around the screen to get the above info - it's not just a google search...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

When the computer is docked and with an external screen everything works perfectly

I think you're stuck with this solution. Had to do the same thing a few years ago when the manufacturer quite making that screen.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

When the computer is docked and with an external screen everything works perfectly

I think you're stuck with this solution. Had to do the same thing a few years ago when the manufacturer quite making that screen.

Mmmm... This is not really an adequate solution - it's for one of our commercial guys who travels a lot... (Otherwise he would just have a desktop computer...) [:/]
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

Laptop is a Fujitsu LB U772 14" (it says ©2012 - but bought in 2014)

Screen is a LP140WH6-TSA2
P/N 6870S-1419A
designed 12.03.14
(Matte)

FYI - I lifted the plastic frame around the screen to get the above info - it's not just a google search...

Seems too late to Edit, but wanted to add (in case by some miracle someone has a reliable supplier):

- it's got a 30-pin connector
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nat,

I've checked about 10 suppliers for you and that screen has been discontinued by the manufacturer and every source says, "Out of Stock." I did find one in Great Britain (not for sale in the US), but it stated, "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LP140WH6"

These days, most of the manufacturers are re-tooling every three years. Sorry, but I'm out of options. Might be time for a new laptop. Good luck.

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

Nat,

I've checked about 10 suppliers for you and that screen has been discontinued by the manufacturer and every source says, "Out of Stock." I did find one in Great Britain (not for sale in the US), but it stated, "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LP140WH6"

These days, most of the manufacturers are re-tooling every three years. Sorry, but I'm out of options. Might be time for a new laptop. Good luck.

Keith

n

Awww - thanks, buddy! I think I found the same one and bought it because it said NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LS140WH6-TSA3 and it's a TSA2... So hopefully I haven't just thrown away good money... Guess I will find out soon enough!

Thanks again :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss