Abedy

Coming out to dropzone.com as world's 1st transgender TI ;-)

I like this from your first link
"Something I have always wondered was how others could decide that the inner core of another is right or wrong. How with all the imperfection that a single human could possess, you can point to another and decide that they are less than you?"
:)

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

And here's the wonderful story, shared online by the good folks at Blue Skies Mag... for those who aren't already print subscribers (but if you're not, you should be! independent media needs our support!)

http://blueskiesmag.com/2015/02/16/how-i-finally-became-a-better-tandem-instructor/
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks to you, rifleman, promise5... :)I am happy with my life and I am also happy that almost all replies here are warm and open-minded.
I hope I can help people get a little more insight into what it means to be transgender.

Best wishes & Hugs, Hannah

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I would like to subscribe it, but will wait and have a look into the copy I will be sent. I hope at least my article may "persuade" one or two others who live in the States to subscribe ;)

Hugs, Hannah

Abedy

I would like to subscribe it, but will wait and have a look into the copy I will be sent. I hope at least my article may "persuade" one or two others who live in the States to subscribe ;)

Hugs, Hannah

I know the international mailing charges have made it challenging for them to get a lot of international subscribers, unfortunately.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hannah, thanks so much for this. I have a close friend going through a part of your journey right now... we haven't jumped together for several years now but I hope, with enough support (and stories like yours), she'll be back.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Hannah, since no ones warned you yet I figured I would.
When you make it to the US which I'm hoping that includes a trip to Alaska, BECAREFUL !!

There are guys that will be after your toes!!
They have a girl toe fetish. Never knew there was such a thing. :P

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Joellercoaster

I hope, with enough support (and stories like yours), she'll be back.

That is why I am out to the world. To - perhaps - give that one example to a scared closeted trans person.
As much as I see it she should be able to jump and be welcome to do so on almost all DZs. (If she happens to be TI, things might be a little more complicated.)

Hugs, Hannah

promise5

Hannah, since no ones warned you yet I figured I would.
When you make it to the US which I'm hoping that includes a trip to Alaska, BECAREFUL !!

They are concentrated in the lower-48.
I'm not aware of any of them being located in AK.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Hannah, since no ones warned you yet I figured I would.

I thought Turtle was in Anchorage. >:(:ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

******Hannah, since no ones warned you yet I figured I would.

Shhhhh!!!!!!

That trip was supposed to be secret.

The fact that he was taking a can of lighter fluid, matches and a police/fire scanner was too.

:)

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

(If she happens to be TI, things might be a little more complicated.)

Hugs, Hannah

Which I don't understand at all...

What has one got to do with the other?

Granted I'm just a naive farmboy...but it's my understanding that basically all you did was have corrective surgery. What does that have to do with your ability to safely perform a job that's done by either sex every day?

Especially taking the history of prior experience of performance in the position into consideration!

The fact that there's even a second thought given regarding your ability speaks volumes...it's outright shameful.

In the broad sense you are the type of employee one should recognize as most fit for the position...one who analyzes a problem and takes whatever steps necessary to rectify it.

We should ALL be so conscientious...you GO girl!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

oldwomanc6

******Hannah, since no ones warned you yet I figured I would.

I might be.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Some people on the interwebs are incapable of switching off the "jerk mode".
I'm sorry to see you continue to receive smart assed insensitive comments.
It's rude and it's wrong.

Come on guys.[:/]

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with your comment. Since coming on DZ.com, Abedy has received a tremendous outpouring of support, respect, warmth and friendship from this community. I found what Airtwardo said nothing more than some light-hearted humor as he inserted himself into the conversation. You've known him for quite some time and know what he's done for our community, yet indirectly call him a jerk.

It would appear that rather than being educational - he was given a bitch slap; not once, but twice. You know, I have spent my life being called everything from the Jolly Green Giant to Sasquatch - the list goes on and I too was "Born" this way. But, I knew the people who were saying it and that there was no harm meant.

You could have done a better job of educating him about her and her about him than just taking a side. Jim - Jerk?? Far from it. One of the most kindest and giving men I've met in this sport.

@Abedy. Please realize that this is new information to us and you can take this opportunity to educate us. Personally, I'm not sure of the verbal rules. I live in a city that has a very high per capita GLBIT population including my sister who is gay. I've heard those in their community refer to others directly and discuss themselves as t****y. This is the first I'm hearing anyone say that is verboten.

But, I'm willing to learn about you and your expectations. I hope you're willing to learn about Airtwardo as well.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

***Some people on the interwebs are incapable of switching off the "jerk mode".
I'm sorry to see you continue to receive smart assed insensitive comments.
It's rude and it's wrong.

Come on guys.[:/]

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with your comment. Since coming on DZ.com, Abedy has received a tremendous outpouring of support, respect, warmth and friendship from this community. I found what Airtwardo said nothing more than some light-hearted humor as he inserted himself into the conversation. You've known him for quite some time and know what he's done for our community, yet indirectly call him a jerk.

It would appear that rather than being educational - he was given a bitch slap; not once, but twice. You know, I have spent my life being called everything from the Jolly Green Giant to Sasquatch - the list goes on and I too was "Born" this way. But, I knew the people who were saying it and that there was no harm meant.

You could have done a better job of educating him about her and her about him than just taking a side. Jim - Jerk?? Far from it. One of the most kindest and giving men I've met in this sport.

@Abedy. Please realize that this is new information to us and you can take this opportunity to educate us. Personally, I'm not sure of the verbal rules. I live in a city that has a very high per capita GLBIT population including my sister who is gay. I've heard those in their community refer to others directly and discuss themselves as t****y. This is the first I'm hearing anyone say that is verboten.

But, I'm willing to learn about you and your expectations. I hope you're willing to learn about Airtwardo as well.

I appreciate you havin' my back Keith, but I don't think it's an issue.

I think most know that my sarcastic one liners aren't meant to harm. IF I offended anyone...I'm sorry, now move on.B|

I make off hand comments like the one you're addressing to just about everyone...about almost anything. Lets people know I'm paying attention to what they're saying and how they say it.

It would be disingenuous of me to walk on egg shells, faux fawning around trying to prove some kind of political correctness.

I only see Skydivers here...sex, color, size, or political affiliation don't factor in. Reptiles like turtles on the other hand...well, they bother me. :D

Hanna and I have conversed quite a bit via PM when the thread was started, I don't think she considers me a jerk.

Personally...the interest here isn't in Hanna's choices, it's in how she's unfairly presented with TI consequences because of them.

They say it ain't the paint that wins the race, it's what's under the hood.

Hanna's brain, heart & soul haven't been changed - why suddenly is she considered a risk as an instructor?

Makes no sense to me. :S

I think most of the 'jerk' reference was aimed at the Bruce Jenner stuff...if any was pointed at me - so be it, been called worse...I have pretty thick skin. OLD but thick! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Which I don't understand at all...

What has one got to do with the other?

I was being sarcastic. If you read my story on Blue Skies Mag you will find information that being transgender and being a TI do not cancel out each other. Except when the local powers-to-be prefer to remain ignorant.

As for the joke thing: I know that you just made a joke. I know your kind of humour and can easily deal with it. And we've exchanged some PMs, so everything is good.

I was just a little annoyed that another member flat-out jumped on that line and shoved it into my face.

Dear Mr BIGUN, (sorry I do not know your name)

your comment bears evidence you did not read some of my postings and to me, sounds patronizing.

First of all: I cannot change my user name here but have decided to NOT post under a new account. However, it shall be nice to acknowledge my being female by using my name with which I end all of my postings. All other users do so.

I have repeatedly acknowledged and warmly thanked for the loads of support and supporting PMs and forum posts here. Please just click through this thread. I have never, I repeat: Never, posed as a "victim" of "forum jerks"

I have NOT, I repeat: I have NOT a grudge with Twardo. On the contrary. I only was offended by another user who picked up Twardo's line and shoved it right into my face. Trust me, trans person really do NOT, I repeat: NOT, like "SEX CHANGE SURGERY!!!eleven" "jokes"
And please - as someone cis-gender - please do not tell me what I have to consider "light hearted humour"
I also do not need to be "educated about Twardo" - I have known him for years here on DZ.com

Apart from that, I don't like the message of your writing you "hope I will be willing to learn" - Sounds patronizing and is so wrong. Really, I really wish you'd have to walk into a trans woman's shoes for only one week. The first thing you'd learn is we are open to difference, to variety, to that people come in so many ways. But also that we - as you probably think - are "pushy" about being asked and/or referenced to our genitalia.

And please do not tell me - and do not disqualify it as "expectations" - how to feel about certain words. You only need to do some search on the net to find out how TRANSGENDER WOMEN are offended and dismiss the T word (as I already wrote in one posting regarding RuPaul and his using the T word) so please do not throw some isolated observations into the ring. I know that some gay men and some lesbian women use this term. So what. They are not transgender women. I know that some crossdressers use the T word. So what. They are cis-gender men, not transgender women. Transgender women have repeatedly expressed that the T word is offensive and derogative to them.
To your convinience, here is a link you may read as it is a pretty good article on this topic: http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2014/02/20/op-ed-its-time-stop-t-word

If you feel the need to discuss this matter further please do so. I only ask you to do it after reading my postings in full.

Sincerely yours,
Hannah Kruse

Once again, I would like to thank folks hanging out here at DZ.com for the overwhelming support and the many nice and warm-hearted PMs and postings.

I hope we can keep it this way, Let's make it so [Picard emoji not detected] :)