Abedy

Coming out to dropzone.com as world's 1st transgender TI ;-)

BIGUN

If you feel the need to discuss this matter further please do so.

I do not. I wish you a long and happy life.

That response should have, and would have been better served in a PM.

Sometimes the world just isn't ALL about you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I ran across this link (http://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender) yesterday - once again, but had forgotten about it - and here one can find short and concise information about transgender related vocabulary. From GLAAD, which is one of the most important LGBT organisations in the States and as it has a transgender Co-Chair (Jenny Boylan) and transgender board members (e.g. Lana Moore) it is authentic and spot-on.
It clearly states:

Defamatory: "tranny," "she-male," "he/she," "it," "shim"
These words dehumanize transgender people and should not be used in mainstream media. The criteria for using these derogatory terms should be the same as those applied to vulgar epithets used to target other groups: they should not be used except in a direct quote that reveals the bias of the person quoted. So that such words are not given credibility in the media, it is preferred that reporters say, "The person used a derogatory word for a transgender person." Please note that while some transgender people may use "tranny" to describe themselves, others find it profoundly offensive.

As for "...some transgender people may use this term..." - my guess is it's mainly trying to reclaim the term and rid it of its offensive meaning. The problem is that the "critical mass" to succeed is way too low. It doesn't even completely work with "gay" and gay people outnumber transgender people by the factor 10. Anyway, if a few transgender people do so, it's not a free cheque to cis-gender people to use it to refer to transgender people. Just like some African-Americans and their using the N word, I think.

'nuff said, wish you all a nice week and to all of you who can jump... I AM NOT ENVIOUS! B|:P

Hugs from Germany, Hannah
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

YFYI: It is done. I now also fit the bill in respect to anatomy. Not that I needed to "completely feel as a woman" because I am a woman no matter what's between my legs. Being a woman is - and has been from my time in the womb - hard-wired in my brain.
Nevertheless, I got rid of flesh that didn't feel right down there and which I had problems with all my life. And my nightmares about having an accident and being put on a men's room and be mocked or even harassed only because of them three ounces no longer haunt me. Living in Germany - we don't have any of these infamous bathroom bills - I cannot be forced to use men's facilities any longer as it had happened in my gym, for example. I could list other reasons such as being able to go swimming in the open without anything but putting on a bikini (even nude bathing, heh heh, I live in East Germany) or wearing tight trousers and many more.

I am healing well. Had one of the best surgeons in Europe. Swellings and bruises take their time, though.

I noticed my upper body strength had dramatically reduced and I don't know if I will be able to resume tandem jumping. Lack of strength can - at least partly - be counteracted by technique, technique and technique. But I will have to find out how most delicate tissue will react to pressure by leg straps. Not being able to sit without a doughnut cushion I suspect it's gonna take several months. But I made my last tandem jumps in 2014 knowing they could be last ones and all of them were so great. My focus has shifted - I no longer need or want to "prove" anything, maintain ranks in the DZ hierarchy or achieve new records.

I am too busy enjoying life now that I can be my real me.

Hugs, Hannah

P.S.: I added a combo pic from the clinic and a most recent one.

Hannah I'm relatively new to the forums and I just read your story.

First of all congratulations!!!! You look amazing! And your smile says it all :D I am sooooo happy for you! I wish you health, happiness, love and blue skies for the rest of your life!

If you ever find yourself in Hamburg and wouldn't mind jumping with a newbie drop me a line :)

One last thing. I have a friend from greece that also wants to transition, but has very little money to do so (being an artist doesn't pay that well) - his family isn't supportive, he moved to UK and is currently on testosterone. He has started a funding campaign for his transition. I assume you know more people than I that might willing/able to help. So I would really appreciate it if you can post the link to the corresponding forums:
http://www.gofundme.com/b0yr6w

All the best!
Live to jump another day

I made a video of my transition, so if you like to watch it, just go clicky:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9iIegp4Yw

Sorry about the music, but this was the only copyright-free music I had (given to me in the early 1990s by Amiga-freax who uploaded their free self-made MIDI files in my now long-gone FIDOnet BBS.) Germany is a mad area when it comes to music copyrights...

Hugs, Hannah (still grounded but not regretting the reason it was for, on the contrary and looking forward to jumping again)

Well, some say transition is never really over. I, for myself, consider the third puberty I am going through right now part of it.
And yes, I also wanted to show how happy and real I am now. And how proud a granny I am :)
Hugs, Hannah :)

Hi folks,

a short follow-up: You can have excellent surgeons, and such I had, but you can't predict scar tissue and the healing process in detail. Due to this, it took longer than I thought before I could resume skydiving, but yesterday I made four jumps. Fun jumps, no tandems yet. As if I had jumped last week, everything was fine the moment I got to the DZ. I wore my "old" (i.e. "his") staff jumpsuit which in some regions doesn't fit (but in another one is too ...baggy? B|) now. The jumps were simply great.
Additionally, I couldn't resist having a photo taken with this Morgan (but Dr Mallard wasn't around, such a pity.) ;)

I am going to have some minor corrective surgeries in September so I will try to make the best of the weekends remaining :)

I have refrained from saying this, because I was unsure how it would be taken. I really did not want to be called,some uncaring Asshole,or worse. But seeing as how this thread is going I will put it out there.
When I first saw your posts and this goes back I don't know how many year's. Cause I have been on here quit a many number of years. I don't know who was on here first me or you, but I will say every time you posted for a while,I had to look at your profile to see if you where a man or woman. Because your posts sounded like the view point of a woman but your avatar was a picture of a man.
So while I will admit to not fully understanding all the aspects of your life and choices. I think I could see it before you came out..
Not meant as any disrespect, but at least 90 percent of your posts I thought we're made by a woman's point of view. And I know why now.
So good luck and hope you have a happy life.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Hi,

thanks for your wishes and your warm reply. No worries, I not only don't see your observations as disrespectful, on the contrary. It is really great to learn that to you, my posts were 90% from a woman's point of view even back when I still lived in guy camouflage. I joined dropzone.com years later than you but after I had learned I am transgender so I was aware of who I am but still didn't dare to live it, to admit to it. But I had let go of overly "male" behaviour by that time already and when I wrote something, I usually didn't "mask" my words.
Again, thanks so much for your kind words and wishes.

Hugs from Germany,
Hannah :)

I made my first tandem jump after GCS (gender-confirming surgeries) yesterday. As if I had not had a longer-than-expected delay (due to unforeseen scar tissue problems) everything was so great. No moment I had to have a second thought. The student was excited as well and thanked me so much. Reassuring. B|:)

To every person you meet in the future, you are who you are -- of course students are going to enjoy flying with you.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Made a second tandem jump the week after, really great. (Sorry for the shitty quality, I just took a screenshot... literally ;))

More to come next season as I underwent some follow-up surgeries (3.5 hours in the operating theatre again, part corrective ones (scar tissue) and part for relieving body dysphoria such as tracheal shave) but that was that, I'm done now (I hope, at least) but won't be able to do tandems for another 4 or 5 weeks which comes close to the season finale :( No worries, doing fine, healing much faster than after the really invasive surgeries half a year ago. But heck, really, nobody chooses this.

So I am looking forward to next season B|

Hugs, Hannah

Well, had to go under the knife again (on 24 Feb 2016) but now I am back in the air again, see pix. Will resume tandems in a fortnight, cleared by doctor and meeting all other requirements.
Life is good, great, right and I get a lot of glances from both men and women, so all the effort was worth it I guess, see pic #4 B|:)

...and I only ask myself which bathroom I would have to use at an American DZ. [:/]

Abedy

Well, had to go under the knife again (on 24 Feb 2016) but now I am back in the air again, see pix. Will resume tandems in a fortnight, cleared by doctor and meeting all other requirements.
Life is good, great, right and I get a lot of glances from both men and women, so all the effort was worth it I guess, see pic #4 B|:)

...and I only ask myself which bathroom I would have to use at an American DZ. [:/]

Good for you.

Third pic looks like your riser covers are misbehaving.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Third pic looks like your riser covers are misbehaving.

No, this is a TearDrop VIPER and the riser covers are exactly in the position they ought to be after opening. :)
Hugs, Hannah :)

You look happy, confident, beautiful, and awesome.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)