Abedy

Coming out to dropzone.com as world's 1st transgender TI ;-)

I later learned I wasn't the first. She even jumped in Germany but has retired from tandem biz. So I am at least the only active transgender TI in the world. At least that I know of - nobody has surfaced so far to tell they also are. But mainly it was a way to shamelessly draw attention. :P

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I bought the CD they day it became available here in Germany. Great, great, great and so true, especially Transgender Dysphoria Blues. "You want them to notice the ragged ends of your summer dress. You want them to see you like they see every other girl. They just see a faggot.
They'll hold their breath not to catch the sick."

Laura Jane Grace has produced a documentary that can be watched online: http://on.aol.com/show/true-trans-518250660/518451031?icid=aolhomepage_rightrail (You might need to tell Ghostery or other blockers to please not block anything.)
Really good and interesting documentary.

Hugs, Hannah

Hannah, I loved reading your story in the February issue of Blue Skies Magazine! Well done!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thank you very much, and you're welcome. I hope I can explain what it means to be trans and that we are human beings in a kinda not too boring way. Interestingly enough, so far only girls have given me feedback ;)
All the best & Hugs, Hannah

Frankly said, this was my first intention: To give an example. I myself was saved by a transition timeline of a transwoman from Israel who was about my age when she started. I thought "Can you also do it?" and knowing I got nothing to lose and could commit suicide anyway if I failed started my transition. So maybe by showing others that a 53-year old bald person can successfully transition may give just this one shove away from the cliff back to safe grounds.

As fro Bruce Jenner, the only person to tell us if he is transgender is... Bruce Jenner. Too bad that so many cheap jokes are made on his expense. It's so hurtful to other transgender people, especially the ones still closeted and scared to death about how the world will react if they dare to come out.

Three interesting links:
http://www.mtv.com/news/2070344/what-are-the-rules-for-talking-about-bruce-jenner-heres-what-mtv-news-is-and-isnt-saying/?fb_ref=fbshare_web
http://theindiechicks.com/bruce-jenner-whats-not-said-transition/
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/02/02/bruce_jenner_gender_identity_gossip_is_dangerous_and_disrespectful.html?wpsrc=sh_all_mob_tw_bot

Blue skies and Big Hugs from Germany, Hannah :)

Abedy

For anyone interested, here are two recent photos of me without skydiving clobber on B|

Hugs, Hannah

Ya look like a girl.;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Abedy

Huh huh... B| Thanks to you two for the kind remarks :)

:)
YW

But you have to admit - Twardo threw in a might good zinger.:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

But you have to admit - Twardo threw in a might good zinger.:D:D

So far so good. (OK, I "look like a girl" because... I amone. But this I had wanted to remain in the realm of semantics.
And I pretended I had not noticed Twardo's remark. Why? Because it seems inevitable that in a thread about transwomen someone comes up with a reference to "SEX CHANGE SURGERY!!!!eleven"
Transwomen do not, really not, like it to be referenced to or reduced to their genitalia. But I thought it would be better to leave it "unnoticed"

So, many thanks you shoved it right into my face. Now you gotta live with my reply.

Abedy

*** nothing to do with your choices.

Sigh. Being transgender is NOT NOT NOT a choice. I was born this way.

I thought about ending it all when I pretended to be a man. When I came out and admitted to myself, my life completely changed. I am so happy. Life is right and real now.

I got a lot of positive feedback - I am the one for passengers that are anxious "Hannah calms 'em"

But yeah, you may hold my past against me. Lucky me to not have you as m***

You look wonderful. If anyone has issues, they would've been the same type having issues with Bi-Racial coules 30 years ago.

10-20 perhaps 30 years into the future and when this accomplishment is mentioned, most will shrug their shoulders and say" what's all this fuss about".

normiss

Some people on the interwebs are incapable of switching off the "jerk mode".
I'm sorry to see you continue to receive smart assed insensitive comments.
It's rude and it's wrong.

Come on guys.[:/]

This, this, a thousand times this.

Someone (Rafflers maybe?) had a sigline: "If you want to know someone's real nature, log onto an internet forum." Or something like that.

Maybe I have a "stick up my ass," but I was pretty offended by the "Bruce Jenner" thread. Someone died in a car crash, and people are making crude and insensitive jokes about one of the people involved in it. I didn't post anything about it, because it wouldn't make any difference. Some people are just like that.

I have a few "FB friends" whom I have lost a lot of respect for because they post garbage that most junior high kids would find juvenile. One that comes to mind is a side-by-side of Jenner's "Wheaties" box next to a current pic of him on a "Fruit Loops" box.

Someone is "different" or "strange" or whatever, so let's post pics that ridicule them. Fucking please.

You look great Hannah. Keep your head held high and know that you have a lot of support from a lot of people.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Dear Joe, I see things like you and thanks so much for your posting.

Just a few additional lines about Bruce Jenner from my point of view. Maybe the fact I live so far away may help to see it on the base it needs to be seen: I just see the person, not a celebrity as he or the Kardashians don't play a role here.

1. The only person to declare if they are transgender or not is the person themselves. And they do not have the obligation to "declare" it. Golden rule: Do. Not. Assume. Gender.

2. I also find it pathetic and hurtful to make cheap and transphobic "jokes" about Bruce Jenner. For f*ck's sake, a person has died in that accident and some people can only come up with jokes and derogatory terms? Yes, "tr*nny" is a derogatory and dehumanising term. It must not be used. RuPaul? Do a search and find the many, many angry replies and well-crafted articles about why this term is so hurtful and so wrong.
Transwomen like me who live happily, full-time and in a stable relationship just feel annoyed and may get vocal about these terms and "jokes." But imagine such a "joke" cracked or a transwoman called names such as "tr*nny" or "SheM*le" and a young person nearby has to listen to that. A young person questioning their gender. A young person knowing they are transgender. And again they are dealt a blow, their self-esteem - already so fragile - shattered again. They may virtually get scared to death whether to come out and start transition or not! Add that just in the first seven weeks of this year seven transwomen have been murdered in the US and this makes scornful remarks and cheap jokes even more hurtful and intimidating.

3. Some articles I found on the net regarding Bruce Jenner:
http://theindiechicks.com/bruce-jenner-whats-not-said-transition/
http://www.mtv.com/news/2070344/what-are-the-rules-for-talking-about-bruce-jenner-heres-what-mtv-news-is-and-isnt-saying/?fb_ref=fbshare_web
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/02/02/bruce_jenner_gender_identity_gossip_is_dangerous_and_disrespectful.html?wpsrc=sh_all_mob_tw_bot

This is just for information. I know that there are so, so many folks out there who are in the boat with me. I know that those who think we are lesser beings and deserve to be the bottom line of cheap jokes will refuse to read, but anyway... Love and open-mindedness will prevail.

Best wishes and hugs from Germany, Hannah :)