Abedy

Coming out to dropzone.com as world's 1st transgender TI ;-)

You are welcome.
And thanks for your touching story.
Heh heh, a lesbian married to a transman and they are seen as a boringly normal couple... B|:)
Hugs, Hannah

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Hi Hannah,

I was very touched by your story. It would be silly of me to claim that I can really relate to your experience, but thank you for giving me a glimpse into your thoughts and feelings and struggles and triumphs...

Thank you for sharing and keep doing your best to be your most authentic self :)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

Hi Hannah,

I was very touched by your story. It would be silly of me to claim that I can really relate to your experience, but thank you for giving me a glimpse into your thoughts and feelings and struggles and triumphs...

Thank you for sharing and keep doing your best to be your most authentic self :)

Thanks so much, Nataly :)
That's an answer I'd like to show to folks who tell me "I can understand what you are doing. Why do you want to be a girl?" - Of course it is next to impossible for cis-people to "understand" what we are feeling and going through. But being open-hearted and understanding is a commodity all people should have in their assets B|

Hugs, Hannah

I saw your post when there were only one or two responses. I've waited this long to process my thoughts.

1. Kudos on having the courage to pursue happiness.

2. The nature v nurture debate continues.

3. Nature v nurture doesn't matter. If your happiness level is greater and you have not stolen that happiness from others, it is good.

4. People will often be uncomfortable with what they do not understand. Some will describe 'different' as bad because that makes their world more tidy. Not your problem.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

JohnMitchell

Damn, you make a lot of sense. :P

:)

Don't get used to it. ;)
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Thanks for your nice reply.
Well, being trans is - though something totally different - just like being lesbian: You can't be "made" lesbian, can be persuaded nor can it be beaten out of you. You are born that way and most psychologists and physicians see it this way and there is more and more evidence that you are born trans.

I at least must admit that I stole a good deal of happiness from my wife and my kids. Her hubbie and their dad will go, fade away and finally make the ultimate sacrifice and die so that the girl can live. Do I feel guilty about it? Hell yes. But the alternative would be rest eternal, to put it politely. So I now try everything to make up for their loss.

Hugs, Hannah

I could watch it yesterday - when someone posted a link that had not (yet) got blocked by Germany's GEMA - They search the net for "copyright infringement" and then have videos blocked that "violate copyrights." Strangely enough, this video was blocked so quickly whilst others can be watched for months or even years... but that's surely, surely just a coincidence.

The video was so moving. And I wished my parents had only once listened to me instead of telling "Don't be a girl" time and again and backing up the msg with a rod. I really think the 'small t' is knocking on the doors of our kindergartens, schools and colleges with kindergarten and primary school teachers being so badly prepared so that they simply deny these children any rights just to have everything "right" and "how it is supposed to be."
Still so much work ahead of us.

Hugs, Hannah

It is much better when "being different = being alien/wrong/gross..." is overcome by society.
L, G and B have reached a good deal of acceptance so far and now T and I need to be helped to achieve equal rights as well, as both minorities are so tiny compared to society as a whole they can't reach "critical mass" on their own and thus are dependent on allies. (See pic attached...)

Though the T has reached a tipping point now it seems, considered TIME magazine's latest cover. B|

And yes, living a life true to myself is sooooo good, real, right, liberating.... :)
Hugs, Hannah

Thanks for the comments about "I" - I sometimes stick to insider-lingo instead of speaking clearly...

Just for everybody:
I learned that I am NOT the world's 1st transgender TI. There is at least one transwoman here in Germany who not only holds a TI license but is also an AFFI, I heard.

The second new: Seems I won't have any chance to do tandems in this season, at least not here in my state. I wrote a more detailed article here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4642042#4642042

But again: What really matters is I now live the way it should have always been and that's what makes me so happy. And if I ever feel down, I only need to give two or three lessons at my college - my students are so great. They see me, call me and refer to me as who I am: "Ms Kruse" and this does me so good. I am so proud of my students and subsequently am so hopeful for the future and for trans people to come out in the years to come... :)
Hugs, Hannah :)
P.S.: Two pics attached.
First one - me at least making fun jumps yesterday and having landed happily.
Second one - recent selfie (15 days not shaved, 11 days after 5-hour electrolysis marathon) Light at the end of the tunnel!

Oh, I'm so sorry that you had it so rough as a child, Hannah! I figured as much, since you waited for so long for your exterior change to match your true interior self. I'm glad that you finally did what was best for you. Making yourself feel whole is what really matters!

I'm happy that you finally saw the video, and I posted it after seeing it and spent a few days (hours per day) watching others' videos about being transgender. I wanted to better understand.

Yes, I'm sure that there is still much work ahead as you've stated, but I'm happy for the changes that seem to have been made towards more education and acceptance. I wish everyone going through such a struggle the very best in life, no matter what gender they choose to be. I'm sure that I'm not alone.

May you continue to find your true happiness, lovely Hannah. :)
P.S. Thank you so much for educating so many, including myself, with your posts and photos. You look so happy. I especially love your post-skydiving smile, yay!

Hi Hanna, She's not a TI (as far as I know) but there is a T that has been jumping with us at Skydive city. Nice lady and very good skydiver.

I just had to ask what the heck is The Society of Skydiving Ducks ??? (from your sig line)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Hi VanillaSkyGirl,

thanks so much for your warm reply. I am often told I always smile on my Hannah photos. I wonder how come ;););)
As for "educating" - that's something I do from the bottom of the heart. I am reaping so much of what others before me sowed and now it's my turn to "pay back" a little and the most effective way is to give people the chance to meet/learn about transgender persons' lives which is considered the most effective way to get over wrong ideas and stereotypes.

All the best and Hugs, Hannah

Hi fellow skydivers,

I have good news to share. After all the disappointment I had to go through due to people talking about and making decisions regarding me without actually talking with me and subsequently barring me from making tandem jumps I got a phone call last Monday. A DZ about 100 miles away from where I live was short of TIs. The guy who called had known me since 2002 and was puzzled when I answered the call. If that was the number of one [My natal name] - that female voice didn't match, huh huh. Long story short - I explained that I am trans and that others had issues but that I would be more than glad to help and that I was current, my rig was OK and well... he shortly talked it over with his TIs and other instructors: Go ahead!

So I went there. Such a warm welcome! I was Hannah, just Hannah, from the start. They checked my gear, my documents, if I was current, explained plane (Pilatus Porter, great plane!) and DZ with me, some safety questions.

By the end of Sunday I had made 8 tandem jumps (half of which were guys 190 lbs and more) and each jump was fun both for me and my guests. Too bad the weather didn't allow for 2 or 3 more jumps ;)

I was "pure" Hannah (means no wig [just a bandana] and no push-up bra) but none of my students/guests asked anything like "You a girl?" - I was Hannah to them. Same with their family and friends - staff and jumpers noticed that... there was nothing to notice. No whispering, no giggling, no stares, no questions. [*] I looked just like this: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=143119;

I think it's the "whole package" - I am Hannah. A 53-year old, sporty and active woman who loves to fall out of planes and enjoys very close company when doing so. If you are confident of yourself, you don't need any "props". Just be yourself and people see your true self.

All my students/guests thanked me, hugged me and referred to me with "Hannah", "she" and "her" and left with a smile. And I was soooo happy, too. I was not judged based on hearsay but by what I had made and by what they learned from my by talking with me. We went out for dinner to a nearby Chinese restaurant on Saturday night and I told them about what it means to be trans and a little about me. Some questions, none of which was "below the waist line"
I was not only happy because I had fun and had managed to make all my students experience a nice ride but also because I could prove that transgender girls^T women :) can also make tandem jumps without any problems and without ruining the DZ's reputation.

They told me they will invite me to come over again, which adds to my being happy B|

Hugs, Hannah

[*] Some folks may have thought "Wow, she looks butch" - if at all! - but if so, that is fine as this means I was seen as... the woman I am. :P