JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

Calvin19

https://vimeo.com/116622517

Fun at work. We took the company UAS out for a personal shoot in 4k. This big bird (~35lb)came back after a 3min flight with .25" of clear ice on the LEs of the rotor blades. Got pretty unresponsive and hard to control for the hand catch. (slope is very steep, almost impossible to climb up there let alone level space to use as a pad) First flight we did with the lighter test ship and accumulated half that in a longer flight. Icing, in every encounter I have had with it, is nothing to fuck with. Unless the aircraft is not yours and you're not in it!:P
Continued flight into known icing!B|

Was that Monday night?:o
The night we got this stuff?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***https://vimeo.com/116622517

Fun at work. We took the company UAS out for a personal shoot in 4k. This big bird (~35lb)came back after a 3min flight with .25" of clear ice on the LEs of the rotor blades. Got pretty unresponsive and hard to control for the hand catch. (slope is very steep, almost impossible to climb up there let alone level space to use as a pad) First flight we did with the lighter test ship and accumulated half that in a longer flight. Icing, in every encounter I have had with it, is nothing to fuck with. Unless the aircraft is not yours and you're not in it!:P
Continued flight into known icing!B|

Was that Monday night?:o
The night we got this stuff?

none other:)

-SPACE-

JohnMitchell

***My first balloon jump!:)

B|B| Looks like fun. I still haven't done one of those yet. :)
Might do one in Eloy this Martch
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Giving a Flyin' lesson....:P

Edited to add:
Newly minted flight attendant was talking about how hard the month of training she went through was...asked the pilot how long THEIR training is ~ pilot said something about 6 weeks of initial company training and orientation.

"Two more weeks and I could have been a PILOT?!"

Ummm....yeah, I guess so! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

My boyfriend wanted a cat. I didn't want a cat. So, we compromised and got a cat :D:D:D

Truth be told, I love the little fucker. He's an Ocicat and his name is Taco. He doesn't shed (seriously, at all), he's playful as hell yet loves to cuddle, and him and I have totally bonded. He follows me all around the house and I love it. I've even taught him to fetch!!!

My boyfriend's dog is a 4 lbs Yorkie, and the second pic is of the cat about to pounce. Charlie, the dog, is 12 and almost blind. But they love to play together and get along great.

(Insert joke here about Johnny loving a taco)

ETA: He's only about 6 months right now, about 9 lbs...he's going to be a beast

And for you fellow aquarium nerds, I'm about to get a new shipment of African cichlids this weekend, so I'll update this after the weekend....it's always about pets.

That is one beautiful cat!

I used to have one that would fetch all day long and bring it back to be thrown again (I always got tired of the game before she did), and she would sit on command, too!

Some cats are smarter (and more dependent on us) than they would like to believe. :ph34r:

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

JohnnyMarko

***10" of virgin powder that I am about to defile.>:(

Loveland? How was it?

It was GREAT!

I saw the forecast last night for 2-4";
Meh;
Oh, well, at least it's better than the squat they have had for the past week, so I set my alarm;

Alarm went off at 0600;
Yawn, too early, I think I skip it;
Oh, well, lets see what they report...TEN INCHES???:o
Hell, I need to go!

No wind; Perfect temps; Only partial clouds; And LOTS of powder!B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******10" of virgin powder that I am about to defile.>:(

Loveland? How was it?

It was GREAT!

I saw the forecast last night for 2-4";
Meh;
Oh, well, at least it's better than the squat they have had for the past week, so I set my alarm;

Alarm went off at 0600;
Yawn, too early, I think I skip it;
Oh, well, lets see what they report...TEN INCHES???:o
Hell, I need to go!

No wind; Perfect temps; Only partial clouds; And LOTS of powder!B|

I had yesterday off and even with pow you wouldn't find me fighting holiday traffic...

Woke up this morning, checked the snow report, FUUUUCK! Of course, I have to work when NO ONE will be in the mountains...

Get to work, have an email from my boss saying he won't be in and went skiing >:(

My wife and I dressed for formal night on the cruise we just took. 15 family members from San Diego, Detroit, Raleigh, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando met in San Juan. Boarded the Jewel of the Seas the next day and hit St. Croix, St. Maarten, Antigua, Martinique and Barbados.

What a great trip.:)

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

My wife and I dressed for formal night on the cruise we just took. 15 family members from San Diego, Detroit, Raleigh, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando met in San Juan. Boarded the Jewel of the Seas the next day and hit St. Croix, St. Maarten, Antigua, Martinique and Barbados.

How was the cruise? Family and I are booked for two weeks out of San Juan this July. Actually just booked the flights today.

SkyDekker

***My wife and I dressed for formal night on the cruise we just took. 15 family members from San Diego, Detroit, Raleigh, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando met in San Juan. Boarded the Jewel of the Seas the next day and hit St. Croix, St. Maarten, Antigua, Martinique and Barbados.

How was the cruise? Family and I are booked for two weeks out of San Juan this July. Actually just booked the flights today.

It was a great trip. I love to travel with Royal Caribbean. The water was beautiful down there. I had never been that far south and East before. Next time though we may look for 1 that has a sea day in the middle of the cruise. Hitting a new port everyday for 5 days can get tiring. I still made the most of my premium drink pass. :)
Also I would have liked to spend an extra day in San Juan. We got in Friday and sailed out on Saturday.

JohnMitchell

Fun to get dressed up like grownups sometimes, isn't it? B|

Looks like a great time. B|

yeah it is fun to get suited up once in a while last time I wore a suit was Mark and Andrea's wedding :)
I'm hoping next cruise we can get one of the ships with a wind tunnel

Rick

***Fun to get dressed up like grownups sometimes, isn't it? B|

yeah it is fun to get suited up once in a while last time I wore a suit was Mark and Andrea's wedding :)

I was surprised you didn't wear your sneakers. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Seems many of my hobbies involve a target. I've improved with the pistol. Having fun with the knives as well. Waiting for it to get warm enough to jump again.

David
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Rick

***Fun to get dressed up like grownups sometimes, isn't it? B|

I am on a cruise out of Miami with a different cruise line in a couple of weeks. But the 2 weeks in July will be with Royal Caribbean.

Even my kids enjoy getting all dressed up for the formal dinners. Been good times.