JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

PLFKING

Geez-louise........wouldn't it be easier just to drag a small cannon ? :)

Don

Actually...no. B|
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

BIGUN

Ummm... so what the hell is that thing?!?!?!?

Bowtech RPM360. 360fps with a 350g arrow at 70lbs and 30in draw. I have to build a new target. The arrows are trying to pass through my commercial target block. Too much kinetic energy.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

***Ummm... so what the hell is that thing?!?!?!?

Bowtech RPM360. 360fps with a 350g arrow at 70lbs and 30in draw. I have to build a new target. The arrows are trying to pass through my commercial target block. Too much kinetic energy.

Should be enough to penetrate the French knights' armor.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

davjohns

***Ummm... so what the hell is that thing?!?!?!?

No less than awesome.

I knew it!!! You're "The Arrow!!" :D

Merry Christmas to you & the family, Dave.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

JohnMitchell

Great pics and it looks like you had some good weather too. We've only visited Paris once but really want to get back there. New Year's Eve in Paris has a certain ring to it. :)

Paris was great, the food was great, the weather was acceptable for the time of year.

I climbed the stairs to the 2nd platform of the Eiffel Tower (elevation 365ft) but took the elevator the rest of the way to the top.

Only the airlines tried to mess it up. I officially hate Delta (who lost our luggage) and Schipol Airport's moronic staff.

kallend

Only the airlines tried to mess it up. I officially hate Delta (who lost our luggage) and Schipol Airport's moronic staff.

I hear that a lot. The unholy Northwest-Delta alliance has caused some real heart burn in our family travels too.

Boy, you really learn not to put anything you really need or cherish in your checked luggage, don't you? :S

Skiing on NY's day was fun for me, but not so much for this guy.

I-70 is running parallel to the road I'm on, and about 20-30' above me, to my right.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

I hear that a lot. The unholy Northwest-Delta alliance has caused some real heart burn in our family travels too.

Boy, you really learn not to put anything you really need or cherish in your checked luggage, don't you? :S

On the other hand, the French railways (SNCF) put ours to shame. Quiet, comfortable, clean, on-time. The Paris Metro is also fantastic - gets you within about a block of anywhere in the city, and the longest we ever had to wait was about 4 minutes.

kallend

On the other hand, the French railways (SNCF) put ours to shame. Quiet, comfortable, clean, on-time. The Paris Metro is also fantastic - gets you within about a block of anywhere in the city, and the longest we ever had to wait was about 4 minutes.

Oh yeah. No argument there. :DB|

Nice. Oven roasted? What's the herb and spice mix?

Funny, we roasted a chicken for dinner tonight too. Such an easy, simple way to make a great and economical meal. We taught all of our kids how to do it. B|

Tomorrow night, tortilla soup made from the leftover chicken carcass. Two meals for $5. B|

normiss

15lb turkey on the smoker @ 325 for just over 3 hours.
That's my own poultry seasoning!
B|
She said it was the best turkey ever.
I will NEVER brine again!
;)

Nice job. We actually brine, then smoke. You may want to try that once or twice. B|

I use apple and cherry wood, esp. for Poultry. We used hickory one time and the whole bird tasted like a giant "pressed Turkey ham"!:S:D

JohnMitchell

***My first balloon jump!:)

B|B| Looks like fun. I still haven't done one of those yet. :)
You HAVEN'T???? Jesus dude, get your ass out there somewhere this year and do it! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

https://vimeo.com/116622517

Fun at work. We took the company UAS out for a personal shoot in 4k. This big bird (~35lb)came back after a 3min flight with .25" of clear ice on the LEs of the rotor blades. Got pretty unresponsive and hard to control for the hand catch. (slope is very steep, almost impossible to climb up there let alone level space to use as a pad) First flight we did with the lighter test ship and accumulated half that in a longer flight. Icing, in every encounter I have had with it, is nothing to fuck with. Unless the aircraft is not yours and you're not in it!:P
Continued flight into known icing!B|