JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

LMAO... You know how hard that was?!??!?! I been riding peoples asses for 30 years as always with the 18" Ape Hangers on every bike I've owned. I JUST FINISHED everything I wanted to do the 2011 Road King... Stage 1,2,3, 18" apes, screaming eagle chrome bullet breather, Vance & Hines Big Radials, Etc. Etc. right down to the details... Jockey shift, blue under LEDS, bolt covers -- ALL OF IT.

Get on this Rushmore bike and..... fuck - I ride a geezer glide now. [:/]

I will be catching hell about that windshield... but I did/had to order some apes.

Fuck I'm getting old... they're only 11'' ;)

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I'm 6'6" with a 26" torso.
18" apes were right at my shoulders putting me in the lazy boy position.
The 2015 Rushmore Project Road Glide has had so many changes to length, etc. that I found the 11's to be just below shoulder height.
Little more control ability.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

SkySpice

*** Here's a picture from this last weekend.
http://i.imgur.com/bNxK9FUh.jpg
This isn't my Jeep, I had already crossed. But I was standing next to the fellow who took the photo.

What's that rope hanging out of your grill?

Good question... Looks too thin to be a rescue rope if the jeep got stuck...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

JohnMitchell

***Keeping it safe and legal. B|

Damn, that's a helluva bank angle.:o Is your ultralight stressed for aerobatics?

It's a Quicksilver MXLL, this machine is very rare. Only 5 of these kits sold according to the manufacturer. It's basically an MXL with extended wings (30' wingspan instead of the standard 28') I am in the process of rebuilding it and had a hell of a time with the aftermarket sail manufacturer, they had never seen the extended wing version and I had to send the sail back to have an extra panel added. Obviously not OEMB|

As for stress, the Quicksilver and ultralight community seem to all agree that the Quicksilver wire-braced airframe is the strongest on the normal market. Claimed to be +5/-3 G. realistically, it would be very hard to get it to +5, you would have to be trying to break it to break it. 'Trying' as in putting it well past VNE (75mph) and full back stick. I have been above 75mph in a dive, it's a dirty dirty airplane:$. And I have been to about -0.1 G on a parabola pushover, at least that is what it feels like, I was held in the seat by my belt. NOT a happy airplane to be in any kind of negative load.

I have seen some video of these coming apart due to negligent maintenance, etc. The manufacture laughed when I said i was putting a BRS on it. With good inspections and maintenance it won't break. I'm more worried about mid-airs than anything else. A good friend has a very similar quicksilver and we have FUN. In flying, two airplanes make flying way more fun than one airplane. (1+1)>2 :P

Also, it's not like we are usually flying high enough for a BRS to be able to save me:P

Once I finish this rebuild and the new BRS system is installed I will confidently do some 'real' aerobatics and higher speeds. All +G, of course. :)

Is there room for 2 people?;)

not in a legal 103 ultralight. Has to be less than 254lbs(not including parachute), carry less than 5 gal of fuel, must have a full power level speed of less than 55kts and can only have one seat. [:/]

I had a quick silver sprint a few years back. It had a 447 on it and I put the bigger tires, steerable nose wheel and black max brakes on it. It was given to me by a friend that inherited it when his father who passed away. It had sat in his garage for 25 years and he brought it to me in the bed of his pick up truck. My buddy Larry and I rebuilt the entire airplane to like new condition, New sails, rebuilt engine, fiberglass pod and so forth. It was the most fun I had had in years. It was a joy to fly and like you said, you would have to be completely stupid to break it up in flight. I sold it to make room in the hangar for another airplane, 5 airplanes later, I miss that Quicksilver the most. It was such a fun airplane to fly and inexpensive. I have had a Kolb Twinstar and currently own a Avid Flyer. I would rather have the Quicksilver back. All your work will be worth the effort those machines are pure fun.

dzswoop717

I had a quick silver sprint a few years back. It had a 447 on it and I put the bigger tires, steerable nose wheel and black max brakes on it. It was given to me by a friend that inherited it when his father who passed away. It had sat in his garage for 25 years and he brought it to me in the bed of his pick up truck. My buddy Larry and I rebuilt the entire airplane to like new condition, New sails, rebuilt engine, fiberglass pod and so forth. It was the most fun I had had in years. It was a joy to fly and like you said, you would have to be completely stupid to break it up in flight. I sold it to make room in the hangar for another airplane, 5 airplanes later, I miss that Quicksilver the most. It was such a fun airplane to fly and inexpensive. I have had a Kolb Twinstar and currently own a Avid Flyer. I would rather have the Quicksilver back. All your work will be worth the effort those machines are pure fun.

My friend owned a Quicksilver Sprint II (two seat single surface) with a 582. We used it as a jump ship sometimes, but we quickly learned that flying the thing is literally 10x more fun than jumping from it. I came from aerobatic and commercial flying (I owned a Citabria and had unlimited access to a Super Cub, Pawnee, C180, Twin commanche and C206). And you're right. the MOST fun flying I have ever had is in the ~100 hours we put on that Sprint II and the ~200 hours on my quick. It inspired me to buy my Quicksilver MXLL. For flying, when measured in fun, BY FAR, by exponents, the most valuable aircraft are Quicksilvers. I do want to get a Kolb firefly (or buy a firestar and pretend it's a part 103 firefly:)), but I have a feeling I will miss the Quick.

I love taildraggers and the challenge and back country capability that provides. But I promise that my new quicksilver MXLL (I'm modifying it to be lighter and slower, I'm dubbing it a Quicksilver LongSport) with the 503, C gearbox, big prop. I promise that I will be able to out-perform (in STOL and maneuverability and aerobatics) any ultralight Kolb out there. (Other than cruising speed:P)

-SPACE-

Calvin19

not in a legal 103 ultralight. Has to be less than 254lbs(not including parachute), carry less than 5 gal of fuel, must have a full power level speed of less than 55kts and can only have one seat. [:/]

Thanks for the info.

Years ago I got to jump from a Quicksilver MX2 2-seater. Super fun. B|

The pilot said he got a visit from FSDO not too long after that. :o[:/]

JohnMitchell

Thanks for the info.

Years ago I got to jump from a Quicksilver MX2 2-seater. Super fun. B|

The pilot said he got a visit from FSDO not too long after that. :o[:/]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

SkySpice

*** Here's a picture from this last weekend.
This isn't my Jeep, I had already crossed. But I was standing next to the fellow who took the photo.

The winch line for vehicle rescue sticking out of the middle of the front bumper? or are you talking about that very thin thin line in the picture on the driver's left? It could be water, though it is more likely to be some sort of twig picked up along the way on the trail.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

****** Here's a picture from this last weekend.

The winch line for vehicle rescue sticking out of the middle of the front bumper? or are you talking about that very thin thin line in the picture on the driver's left? It could be water, though it is more likely to be some sort of twig picked up along the way on the trail.

No, nothing to do with the winch. Rather that line that comes out of the grill underneath the left headlight. If it's a stick, it's an awfully long one.

I got to play the role of happy Grandma over Thanksgiving. It had been 3 months since I had seen my grandson, Bradley, because he lives in GA. He's now 7 months old and is the happiest baby I've ever seen.

Here are some shots of a photo shoot I did with him in our guest room. He was so happy and playful during it, Normiss and I had so much fun. I've also included a shot of me with my kids. My daughter accuses me of forgetting about them and only wanting to see the baby now, so here's proof that I like them too. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon