JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

Reading. :-)
Trying to find the ideal coffee table banter starters. :P This collection is to replace the last books I had there;
Wind, Sand and Stars
Earth Afire
Old Man and the Sea
Xenobiology 4th Edition
9 Billion names for God
World War Z
Infinite Jest
various Tom Robbins
and many others.

Disappointed with OS Card's latest books, I guess I'm not 19 anymore. :S

Second picture is my good friend Ravi. Yesterday he did his first single-seat aircraft flight. It was also his first Viper flight. The D models are all grounded so they had to improvise with training new pilots. Last time him and I went flying together it was in a Luscomb and he didn't even have his private. I doubt he will ever be able to let me in on this kind of fun, but the pride/epic jealousy I have for him will have to suffice.

JohnMitchell

I see you have a copy of Life magazine from when Neil and Buzz walked on the moon. I remember that issue brand new in the mailbox, shortly after having spent a summer week glued to the TV, watching every minute of that amazing mission. B|

Re-print. Sadly.

I do have some original playboys with Carl Sagan interviews and a signature.

SkyDekker

Trying to find the ideal coffee table banter starters.

I like freaking people out and put a cookbook called "Natural Harvest" by Paul Photenhauer on our coffee table when hosting dinner parties....

I have a copy of the pro-creationist "the collapse of evolution" in this pile for just that reason. :P

I know the authors and the famous promotors personally. It's not important why. :)

We spent the last week in western North Carolina. We drug the camper up to a beautiful campground outside Asheville (Lake Powhatan) and that was our home base, but we traveled around the area every day. After sweating it out in Florida all summer, I was desperate to experience a "real" Fall and NC didn't disappoint! I've attached a few photos. I think my favorite part was driving the Blue Ridge Parkway under the canopy of the Fall leaves in full display. It was spectacular!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

We spent the last week in western North Carolina. We drug the camper up to a beautiful campground outside Asheville (Lake Powhatan) and that was our home base, but we traveled around the area every day. After sweating it out in Florida all summer, I was desperate to experience a "real" Fall and NC didn't disappoint! I've attached a few photos. I think my favorite part was driving the Blue Ridge Parkway under the canopy of the Fall leaves in full display. It was spectacular!

We loved Ashville and visited the Vanderbilt estate (largest private home in the US) By the way, there's a monument in downtown Ashville with a "VANCE" on it. Apparently I have an ancestor who was governor of NC back in the day

ETA ah here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebulon_Baird_Vance
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban