JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

fastphil

Playing with new toy. 7' wingspan.

That's about how long my current sailboat is...

They've come a long way!

My dad won a competition in the 80's to design a sail for Old Spice for the original Windsurfer - the big long board with the giant triangular sail...
They actually made that sail up for him and gave it to him as a prize, and I learnt to sail on it. By the mid 90's, short boards and cambered shaped sails were standard and that's what I ended up having fun with, but man, that original was awsome to sail in the right conditions... Like a classic car, it was twitchy, difficult and had a personality, but fantastic.
I've still got it in storage.

Glass blowing is something I have wanted to do for years! My wife got the class for our anniversary. I am the type of person that likes to know how to do a little of everything. So this was a nice introduction, with a little hands on.

The frame was custom made by me.(I cheated and bought the scrolls, as i didn't have the time to make them.) The paintings in it were done by my wife and I.

theonlyski

Got to play in an A320 full motion sim at JetBlue. Got a couple instrument approaches (non coupled of course) in too as well as my high altitude endorsement and a good full day of systems class.

Can't imagine the pace the guys getting typed to fly for them have to maintain but at least our instructor was fun.

That's awesome!!! I love flying the sims. Every other year I get to tag along with my friend who flies 57/67for UA. My favorite thing to do is ask the sim tech to give me full runway and taxiway ice conditions, 0% wheel traction. Then just drift around the airport and learn the spool-up/down lag. It's REALLY hard. Flying is fun too, I suppose. But I haven't had a commercial ticket in a while. I'm fairly confident that if there was some un-imaginably implausible situation where I had to land jet I could do it to the point the plane would be usable again. Hand flying a A319 through minimum on ILS is tough.

Calvin19

Hand flying a A319 through minimum on ILS is tough.

My second approach and landing was ILS minimums at dusk. A little right of center line but overall a nice approach and landing.

We swapped out and another pair got in the seats and we got back in the observer seats... that last landing was a doozie... I didn't know those sims could so well illustrate a bad landing, I never even landed a Cessna that hard! :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

I didn't know those sims could so well illustrate a bad landing, I never even landed a Cessna that hard! :D

hahaha.. yeah. They don't simulate a crash very well though, after the computer determines the airframe was compromised it gives up. It just don't do long or large negative, I can't remember what we were simflying back in ~2003, I think a 727. Doing rolls over the golden gate bridge. and landing(crashing) on the carrier.

Did get a little bit tight on the touch and go at MCO in the box. Great landing that ate a little more runway than I wanted and my FO wasn't on the ball getting me back to flaps 1... just about ran out of runway (was inside the last 1000' when I rotated).

If I had more time I would've disabled the computers and rolled it, just for fun.:)

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Got the bow sighted in at 40M.

Got a new 10M Match Air Pistol (Feinwerkbau 100) and got some practice in.

Got a new 10M Match Air Rifle (Anschutz 2002), refinished the stock, added sight risers, fitted it to a case, practiced.

Got another 10M Match Air Pistol (Anschutz LP@) yesterday (center).
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Nancy wanted to change the paint color in the powder room so i took the chance to Pull the vanity and sink and then re-install it after building a corian backsplash for it. I had the material kicking around in the garage and had just enough left over to build a couple of shelves in the space between the wall, and the cabinet. Our daughter who enjoys painting, and CAN " Cut in " with a brush...
like nobodys business , came over and knocked out the painting in a day...:)FUN????
sure.. :)

The weather has been crap for jumping. So, I've been finding old hobbies that needed some attention.

Found my throwing knives.

Use a product called Instamorph to customize the grip on my target pistol.

Made a wrist sling for my bow from paracord.

Clouds and wind are bad again today. Probably going to the pool to work on apnea and maybe weave a shoulder sling for my bow out of paracord. Probably do some target shooting or practice archery.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I am limiting my throwing. I am looking for a round from a local logger. I don't care much for damaging trees. I found some likely targets yesterday, but the guys who have been cutting weren't there, so I have to go back today.

We take the hounds to a nice old growth forest close to our house.

The boss and I hung some small discrete plastic skulls from the trees and then every time we go back we try and find them.:)
Yesterday we were at the trailhead waiting on the hounds and the boss, when I noticed someone had wedged 3 nice Shiney pennies laying flat into the bark of the tree.;)

We've been going to that trailhead for years, first time we noticed the pennies. Now we get to watch the bark grow around the cash until it's totally covered.

First trailhead past the women prison. If we forget that we're to old to go. The hounds are almost getting To old to go.:(

One Jump Wonder