JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

Phillbo

90' what?

I could brag.. I've been crewing crossings for years.

I don't know. It should be here this week and I'll take a picture. I heard it's ah-maz-ing. For reference, there's one that's always here called the Gallant Lady of Dover, Delaware (the yacht, not her sportfishing boat). She's beautiful. I was told it looks just like that but smaller, of course.

http://www.superyachts.com/luxury-yacht-for-sale/gallant-lady-1107/
Always be kinder than you feel.

Phillbo

I prefer something more along these lines :)

Perini Navi.

Good god those boats are amazing. I was never a fan of the Ketch, I prefer a single tall mast. Maybe with a cutter. I still own a 1/3 share in this old girl, the 40' cutter rigged sloop "Argonauta". (first picture). Many good weeks at sea, not being able to see the land is something I miss. I haven't seen her in years, she is being taken care of by a Mexican family in Cabo. Good deal for them.

Second picture is a Perini Navi in Santa Barbara, CA. The owners gave us a tour and even let us ride the mast lift. 170' length and 188' main mast if I remember right. Retractable keels. So cool.

-SPACE-

Phillbo

I prefer something more along these lines :)

OMG.... beautiful. There's a guy here who keeps asking me out who lives on one that looks like that. I keep getting the "let me take you to the Marquesas for the weekend" offers but I fear becoming shark bait. :D:D:D

ryoder

Playing with new toy. 7' wingspan.

Gas, or electric?

I flew gas RC since I was about 10 years old. Last nitro flight I did was probably around 8 years ago. Now all I have are RTF or BNF helicopters and planes. And thank god. Nitro fuel is terrible, smelly, sticky, and loud.

Calvin19

I flew gas RC since I was about 10 years old. Last nitro flight I did was probably around 8 years ago. Now all I have are RTF or BNF helicopters and planes. And thank god. Nitro fuel is terrible, smelly, sticky, and loud.

No argument there.
When I was a little kid, my old man had control-line models, and I was always drafted to hold the screaming, stinking things while he got the control-lines stretched out and ready to fly.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

When I was a little kid, my old man had control-line models, and I was always drafted to hold the screaming, stinking things while he got the control-lines stretched out and ready to fly.>:(

My dad and I, and later my son and I, flew some line control. All the screwing around with glow plugs and batteries, fueling and priming, and then the flip-flip-flip to start those darn things. . . :S:D

Still pretty good memories, though. B|

ryoder

No argument there.

I have never flown a control line model. My dad and his boss had one and I was brought out to help them fly it. I think I was 6. I'm glad I had an unhealthy obsession with flying stuff and went straight to RC.

One cool thing I did discover through that weird CL model was the awesome .049 engine. That thing is sweet. I had some free-flight fun with those when I had a surplus of crashed model parts and glue. That engine is easy to start and survives crashes VERY well.

-SPACE-

promise5

It's not short Shirt is like 5'1" or 4' 11" I'm really not short. I don't look short. No one calls me short. I'm average. It's the pics I think, it has to be.

Your not short, trust me

I'm 4ft9in ;) and I'm not short>:(.

Your taller than me so you can't be short. :)
Be happy
One Jump Wonder

Baseball is boring as all get out, but actually going to the stadium with a group of friends and getting wasted ain't half bad.

Got an appointment this weekend for some new ink...first big color piece, so we'll see how it turns out!

ETA: why don't these damn photos attach themselves?

PLFKING

Pics like that simply floor me.

How would you ever describe that to a blind man ?

Don

Same way you would describe it to BillyVance . . . just a LOT quieter.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

LuckyMcSwervy

***90' what?

I could brag.. I've been crewing crossings for years.

I don't know. It should be here this week and I'll take a picture. I heard it's ah-maz-ing. For reference, there's one that's always here called the Gallant Lady of Dover, Delaware (the yacht, not her sportfishing boat). She's beautiful. I was told it looks just like that but smaller, of course.

http://www.superyachts.com/luxury-yacht-for-sale/gallant-lady-1107/

Well, since I recently "cut bait" I don't think I'll be going. Oh well. :ph34r:

Got to play in an A320 full motion sim at JetBlue. Got a couple instrument approaches (non coupled of course) in too as well as my high altitude endorsement and a good full day of systems class.

Can't imagine the pace the guys getting typed to fly for them have to maintain but at least our instructor was fun.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message