JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

SCUBA = The High school sweetheart and first love. The one you marry and keep forever
Skydiving = The dirty mistress. Expensive, temperamental, you see her on the weekends, you could drive all the way there and still not get lucky - and she just might kill you.
Skiing and snowboarding = The vacation tryst. Cold, Hard quick and usually leaves you sore for a few days, if you do it right.
Climbing = The evening date. You do it because it's there and your fingers hurt afterwards.

Works for male and female
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

Contributing ;)

Here in South Africa it snows a few times a year, but only usually on the higher elevations (freezing level down to 1200m or so).

So this past weekend I made a mission through to Ceres, which is about 2 hours drive north and did a bit of snow chasing.

david3

***Got to see the hoover dam (freakin cool) and went to a huge music festival with a good friend and my wife.

The stage in the second picture is the one glowing red in the overview picture for some perspective on how big it was. Fun!

He said "put up a damn picture" not a dam picture.

Pretty cool though.

Couldn't resist could you? :P
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Meso

Contributing ;)

Here in South Africa it snows a few times a year, but only usually on the higher elevations (freezing level down to 1200m or so).

So this past weekend I made a mission through to Ceres, which is about 2 hours drive north and did a bit of snow chasing.

Those are great photos! What kind of filter did you use to get
the clouds to show contrast? I assume these are digital photos?
They almost look like the old film photos we used to take with a
Mamiya 120 ...

Thanks.
G

mikempb

Nothing better than going back the day after a fire and see what you were crawling around in

I bet the smell really gets in your nose. :S

Gutsy job, crawling into those fires. It's funny how our firemen (and women) friends enjoy that so much, because that's what they signed up to do, not the endless aid calls to someone having labored breathing and a little pain.