JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

I have been flying acro
The pic is of my Citabria (7ECA) and Pitts (S1S - 200hp, symmetrical ailerons). Just sold the Citabria and now have a 180hp, CS, full IFR (WAAS), synthetic vision, auto pilot, RV6
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Is it still fun when it's hard work? :P

Replacing a repeater antenna on a tower on a mountaintop. The guy lower down is me. Probably 40-45' off the ground, the other guy is 20' or so above me.

Problem was that I had worked an 11 hour night before heading out to meet these guys, it's a long drive to the mountain and back(3500 feet elevation looking out over the valley to the south), then spending 5-6 hours up on the tower, so I left the house for work at around 5pm Friday and got home around 9pm Saturday :S And then slept for 18 hours.

But we have a shiny new antenna on the tower now! Too bad I don't get paid for this kind of work.

Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.

On my fourth Jeep Wrangler. Went back to an old YJ. So nice to run around naked in public again.

David
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

JohnMitchell

BTW, you're sideways in your pics. Wanna give 'em a spin. ;)

The photos are oriented correctly for me.
What device are you viewing them on?

EXIF data shows she used an iPhone 5s.
There was an issue in the past due to Apple using the "orientation" parameter in the EXIF data, and a lot of non-Apple sw ignoring it, but I haven't seen a case of that for some time.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Opens really strangely for me. Hard to describe but when I click on it the whole picture is distorted so the people are short and wide. Then from right to left it morphs into the correct picture.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Opens really strangely for me. Hard to describe but when I click on it the whole picture is distorted so the people are short and wide. Then from right to left it morphs into the correct picture.

I tried Chrome/Safari/Firefox/Opera on my Mac desktop, and all worked normally.

Then I fired up Tails (Linux+TOR) on a different machine, and saw exactly what you described.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I've been meaning to put this up here for ages.

I built this just before Christmas and am sketching out plans for a new electric and semi-acoustic.

I've got a detailed build thread over here if anyone's interested in it:
https://crimsonguitars.com/forum/work-in-progress-or-completed-projects/completed-gibson-firebird-throughneck/

One of my jobs is test pilot/flight manager for a commercial drone company. I'm currently equipping a 2.2m wingspan long-flight-range fixed wing SAR prototype with standard FPV and FLIR as well as 200w LED down and 200w LED side facing searchlights.
During an initial flight test I put up my cheap P3 pro to film the first flight of the new airframe. It's hand-launched and can be hand caught, but with all the mass of flight batts and equipment it comes in HOT. Feels like you're catching a 90mph fast pitch with bare hands almost.

I'm filming myself flying a drone with another drone I'm also flying. :D