JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

catfishhunter

They are sweet :) what happened to your arm? Job related? I must have missed what happned. Oh and my wife teases me all the time..hoeny are you forgetting your purse....

Yup. Ruptured my left bicep while tackling a burglar at work on May 31st. Had surgery in June to reattach the bicep to the elbow (complete tear and separation). Still in rehab,was in a brace/cast until the end of July. Also makes my first hardware! made it as a competitive swooper without hardware and earned it after I stopped jumping.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

EAA 2014 OshKosh

I happened to run into the thunderbird crew, we were staying at the same hotel. Had breakfast, talked about how I was next in the lineup to fly #1, then #7 gave me pass to the areas where only family is allowed. Pass got me Front row/center closed seating, Got an incredible show! catered drinks and food from USAF support volunteers, tent protection from the most insane storm I have seen in years, then got to check out the birds and talk with the crew and flirt with #3, Jensen. Friend of a friend. GF was not jealous.

[Inline 10300876_780940374101_2897252666353349412_n.jpg]
[Inline 10397811_780940324201_428001101185134927_n.jpg]
[Inline 10599121_780940239371_893513221917511264_n.jpg]
[Inline 10609439_780940194461_8559513470587819591_n.jpg]
[Inline 10628532_780940249351_8498481704702361327_n.jpg]

My daughter and her family came into town for the wedding of her brother-in-law. I officiated at it. It was the first time I've ever performed a ceremony and the first time I've ever had to use a microphone. I was nervous and shaking but made it through without flubbing too many lines.
And, for two days we got to take care of the sweetest and best baby ever, our grandson Bradley. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

JohnMitchell

That is cool. Years ago I was working the T-birds enroute to the TCM airshow and told them over the radio we'd be coming out. Flight lead took my name and left the VIP passes for us and the kids at the tent. Really fun day. B|

You're ATC? that's pretty cool. Those guys(Tbirds) were really awesome. Very friendly and excited to talk about what they do. I hadn't been to an airshow in probably 10 years, but it all came back to me watching the Thunderbirds. I always love the hat trick. Announcer calls out the down-runway approaching formation then out of nowhere #2(or whoever) burns over from behind the crowd at what sounds like mach and scares the living hell out of everyone. So much fun. So worth the hearing loss.

I brought my baby sister's new husband, Alexy to the airshow too. She met him on a 2 year clean water supply project/aid trip to Ecuador in 2011-13. Until immigrating May this year he had never been on an airplane, he had never seen CARPET. Needless to say he liked the show a lot. My Spanish is very limited, been a long time. But it's getting better. (He does not speak english)

-SPACE-

hcsvader

Fuck your short!

She's going to have a good rate of forward movement too as she does her practice touches.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm not short. I'm 5'5" and 5'7" in two inch heels that do count but if you look at my license it might say 5'3" but it's wrong I'm more like 5'4" with in socks.

So I'm not short.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

I'm not short. I'm 5'5" and 5'7" in two inch heels that do count but if you look at my license it might say 5'3" but it's wrong I'm more like 5'4" with in socks.

So I'm not short.

Yes you are..... another floatybutt munchkin for what I loving call my Dorothy skydives.

We're off to see the Wizard......:ph34r:

promise5

So I'm not short.

So, dang, you're short! Just checked and you are average, but dang, that's short.

It must suck to be vertically challenged. :(
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9