JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

What a beautiful tribute; you put your heart into it. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Chris,

that guitar looks amazing! What a tribute. I can't imagine the heartache that must have gone into building it.

I'd love to exchange emails with you some time, talk luthiery and bounce some ideas off you. I'm currently building my 3rd - a baritone riff on a Gibson 335 with a custom wound set of humbuckers from a UK company called House of Tone.

yoink

Chris,

I'd love to exchange emails with you some time, talk luthiery and bounce some ideas off you. I'm currently building my 3rd - a baritone riff on a Gibson 335 with a custom wound set of humbuckers from a UK company called House of Tone.

Sorry to side track but that sounds like something Doctor Sues would write...

Hubby and I took a Ferrari 458 Italia, Nissan GTR, Mercedes AMG GTS, and Lamborghini Gallardo our for a nice mountain drive this morning. All very fun, very fast cars. The Ferrari was a little too much car for me :$, I think the GTR was my favorite to drive B|

Having trouble on mobile, but link below to a small photo album
https://imgur.com/a/Qru65

So what route did you take?

On Friday, I took the bike up Golden Gate Cyn up to Peak-to-Peak, then took that North all the way to Estes Park. Clean and dry roads all the way, and so warm that my hands never even got cold.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

So what route did you take?

On Friday, I took the bike up Golden Gate Cyn up to Peak-to-Peak, then took that North all the way to Estes Park. Clean and dry roads all the way, and so warm that my hands never even got cold.

Same as what you said, except east through Nederland, and then down into Boulder. Definitely turned a few heads in town :P

JohnnyMarko

***So what route did you take?

Same as what you said, except east through Nederland, and then down into Boulder. Definitely turned a few heads in town :P

You were lucky to avoid Estes Park; It is a fucked up mess thanks to construction that has blocked off the main street toward Rky Mtn Park. The whole town was one big traffic jam.:S>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnnyMarko

Hubby and I took a Ferrari 458 Italia, Nissan GTR, Mercedes AMG GTS, and Lamborghini Gallardo our for a nice mountain drive this morning. All very fun, very fast cars. The Ferrari was a little too much car for me :$, I think the GTR was my favorite to drive B|

Sweet!

I knew I liked you!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***Hubby and I took a Ferrari 458 Italia, Nissan GTR, Mercedes AMG GTS, and Lamborghini Gallardo our for a nice mountain drive this morning. All very fun, very fast cars. The Ferrari was a little too much car for me :$, I think the GTR was my favorite to drive B|

Sweet!

I knew I liked you!

Who doesn’t like fast cars and good looking young men? :P

JohnnyMarko

******Hubby and I took a Ferrari 458 Italia, Nissan GTR, Mercedes AMG GTS, and Lamborghini Gallardo our for a nice mountain drive this morning. All very fun, very fast cars. The Ferrari was a little too much car for me :$, I think the GTR was my favorite to drive B|

Sweet!

I knew I liked you!

Who doesn’t like fast cars and good looking young men? :P

Good point! B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

yoink

Chris,

that guitar looks amazing! What a tribute. I can't imagine the heartache that must have gone into building it.

Absolutely. Love to talk. PM me your email and I'll drop you a line :)

Ive heard good things about of House of Tone. No direct experience myself though...
__

My mighty steed

oldwomanc6

Although, for a moment I thought you said good looking cars and fast young men. :$

Same thing, more or less.

Not my choice, but that's ok (both the men and those particular cars).

I like the fact that Johnny like the GTR the best. The least expensive, least "exotic", yet probably the most fun to drive. It's a real beast. I know a guy who has one, and has done "just a bit" to it. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 hp.

Apparently the Porsche Turbo wasn't on the list that day. Too bad. Lots and lots of fun, but the physics can make them a handful.

The Ferrari & Lambo can also be unforgiving if pushed too hard. The Merc is supposed to be a really nice setup.

Looks like a fun time.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo