JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

My first grandchild: here with my son and his beautiful wife. I feel so sorry for her, the young fella entered this world checking in at 10% of his mothers body-weight.

Two nice brief visits with them, and a quick photo to brag with.

They *finally* opened Mt Evans to motor traffic this week!:)
The pavement along Summit Lake (12,830' MSL) has been getting lumpier every year.
Now it is absolutely incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hte-8JEsMV0:S:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

They *finally* opened Mt Evans to motor traffic this week!:)
The pavement along Summit Lake (12,830' MSL) has been getting lumpier every year.

Headed up there this weekend. Hopefully I don't end up doing something illegal on your dash-cam footage :D

JohnnyMarko

***They *finally* opened Mt Evans to motor traffic this week!:)

Headed up there this weekend. Hopefully I don't end up doing something illegal on your dash-cam footage :D

Remarkably I didn't have any cagers up there trying to kill me, but traffic was very light. I did need to lay on the horn to get some out-of-state tourist (putting along at 15mph) to stop straddling the centerline, so I could pass. I sure as hell wouldn't want to take any vehicle with low ground clearance through the Summit Lake area.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I feel so sorry for her, the young fella entered this world checking in at 10% of his mothers body-weight.

I sympathize with her too. And he looks like he's got at least 10% of her hair volume also. :)
Congratulations, Grampa.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I've got one on the hotel balcony, with my short off, at sunset. I'll send it to your email address.

Looks like Sangiro got rid of the Dropzone.com e-mail accounts just in time ! Thanks HH. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

normiss

I don't want to know how you know what urine tastes like.

I don't. That beer is no better anymore than the rest of the mass produced piss brews like Bud Lite, Natty, etc...

It's an analogy, geesh. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

An 80+ year old pilot trying to show me how "some guy" used to exit from his Stearman just prior to my demo jump.
He no longer flew, my pilot had never flown this airplane, never dropped a jumper and never inverted an airplane.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.