JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

Bolas

New toy.

Electric?

Ooh, ooh!
I want one to fly around the Gunbarrel area near Boulder!!!>:(

You need one with rotary engines...

He could just fly that plane at say 500-700 feet and the bitch will think it's the DZ's plane. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

New toy.

Electric?

Ooh, ooh!

You need one with rotary engines...

He could just fly that plane at say 500-700 feet and the bitch will think it's the DZ's plane. :D

Need to cover the blue paint with purple, and put 3-bladed props on it.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

New toy.

Electric?

Ooh, ooh!

Yes, but you can get sound systems for them that playback the engine noise from the full-size plane.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

JohnMitchell

Yes, but you can get sound systems for them that playback the engine noise from the full-size plane.

:D:D:DPerfect! :)

Hey, is that a model of the Twin Otters the Air Force Academy jumps from? I made some jumps there back in the 80's. :)
It is, and no longer in production, so I'm guessing Kallend must have picked it up second hand.

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN4610
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

:D:D:DPerfect! :)

Hey, is that a model of the Twin Otters the Air Force Academy jumps from? I made some jumps there back in the 80's. :)
It is, and no longer in production, so I'm guessing Kallend must have picked it up second hand.

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN4610

Correct on both counts.

scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11825081_10156060408710727_4506296751260906194_n.jpg?oh=6c3ac7f3ea12f964356c92020b62c60f&oe=564A1B67

Matt Hoover had a cutaway last week at Summerfest and his canopy disappeared into a cornfield. I spent some time photographing the area (about 1 square mile) with my drone and sent the pictures to Matt. He labored over the pictures (some 300 of them) and picked the one in the link as the likely spot. The canopy is (just) visible near the center of the picture.

A volunteer went out this a.m., walked straight to the spot, and voila, there was the canopy.

gowlerk

The canopy is likely toast from too much sun. But there's still lots of other good parts to recover.

Depends... it was a cornfield, right? If the corn stalks are full height, its likely the canopy only got exposed to direct sunlight for 2 or 3 hours a day.

I'd still get it inspected by the manufacturer though.

That's an excellent use of a camera-equipped drone. When I lost my canopy in the mangroves at Lake Wales 10 years ago, they sent their C-182 up circling around looking for it. Well I needed it back right there and then anyhow.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was once chasing the cutaway of a very small canopy (lightweight girl) and followed it to a soybean field. The moment it hit, it was completely swallowed by the soybean leaves. I kept my eye on the spot, landed in the same row, then walked the row until I nearly stepped on it. I don't think even drone photos could have found that.

BillyVance

***The canopy is likely toast from too much sun. But there's still lots of other good parts to recover.

Depends... it was a cornfield, right? If the corn stalks are full height, its likely the canopy only got exposed to direct sunlight for 2 or 3 hours a day.

I'd still get it inspected by the manufacturer though.

That's an excellent use of a camera-equipped drone. When I lost my canopy in the mangroves at Lake Wales 10 years ago, they sent their C-182 up circling around looking for it. Well I needed it back right there and then anyhow.

Corn is about 7' high in that field and the rows run e-w. I expect it only got Sun in the early morning and late afternoon.

Remster

***Beautiful view.

(....the background.......not you, homeboy....).

Don

I've got one on the hotel balcony, with my short off, at sunset. I'll send it to your email address.

I hope you meant shirt :o
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!