Iago

Maria is coming.....

Iago

Great. Another fucking hurricane. At least the water jugs are still filled from Irma. That's one less thing I have to do.

Best we're hoping for here in PR is another near miss to the North. Worst case it cuts The Rock in half from SE to NW. That will be a mess.

My heart really goes out to the Antilles, USVI and BVI. They're still on the ropes from Irma and now here comes another potential CAT 3.

still haven't made it back to Fl. to see if the house or boat is still there B|
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Iago

Great. Another fucking hurricane. At least the water jugs are still filled from Irma. That's one less thing I have to do.

Best we're hoping for here in PR is another near miss to the North. Worst case it cuts The Rock in half from SE to NW. That will be a mess.

My heart really goes out to the Antilles, USVI and BVI. They're still on the ropes from Irma and now here comes another potential CAT 3.

Dude, latest prediction was Maria making a direct hit on Puerto Rico as high as a category 4 hurricane. You're still down there?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Iago

******Great. Another fucking hurricane. At least the water jugs are still filled from Irma. That's one less thing I have to do.

Dude, latest prediction was Maria making a direct hit on Puerto Rico as high as a category 4 hurricane. You're still down there?

Currently, but I'll be running like a bitch tonight. Just booked an early AM to Newark at 0150 on United. Now it's just a matter of cleaning out and locking down before I take off.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What's scary is that Maria's eye is only 10-11 miles across, making for a pinhole. She has the potential to get even stronger. It's like an ice skater spinning, then pulling the arms and legs in to the body to spin even faster.

Dominica got a direct hit. It's going to be just as bad as what we saw in the Virgin Islands with Irma. B|

Oh man; we were there a few years ago, and its beautiful. Bad year.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Last night, I'd seen a tweet from one of our meteorologists, that Maria had gone up to 175mph sustained with a barometric pressure of 906mb.... :S for a short while anyway, before dropping to 155mph at landfall on Puerto Rico... though in the grand scheme of things, there's really not much difference between 155 and 175.

Puerto Rico is fucked. [:/]

Iago

A few more lights on. Still have a looooong way to go.

Caravana! Caravana!

One of the cool things about PR is people love to celebrate. If it's not the power coming back, winning the middle school soccer game works just as well.

https://www.facebook.com/...s/10155210067538655/

It's amazing how much an extended power outage can mess things up. I know it's cliche' but we never really appreciate it until it's gone. We had a derecho and were out of power for about 10 days and it seemed like years. I can't imagine what they must be going through down there.