1 1
nigel99

Favourite music video

On 6/17/2023 at 8:44 PM, TampaPete said:

Oh the memories...

It's so hard to chose one.

I would have to go with meet me at the river.

It reminds me of a video that I probably posted in here already.  (Would be surprised otherwise)

I'm not a big fan of remakes, but this one has original lyrics and he's reminiscing about "summertime in northern Michigan" and that would've been the song we were listening to, so it works.

(edited)

Got my new kayak today, epic day on the river.  There's like an innate appreciation you feel when you're out there in nature.  I here it all the time form believers and atheists alike.  "I'm just so thankful to be out here, so beautiful.  The peace."  You can't help it, we all feel it. 

I feel so damn appreciative that I can't help but to thank God.  It always brings me back.

"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Edited by Coreece
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 12:44 PM, Coreece said:

Got my new kayak today, epic day on the river.  There's like an innate appreciation you feel when you're out there in nature.  I here it all the time form believers and atheists alike.  "I'm just so thankful to be out here, so beautiful.  The peace."  You can't help it, we all feel it. 

I feel so damn appreciative that I can't help but to thank God.  It always brings me back.

"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Wow 12 years later and thread still going!

On 6/29/2023 at 12:44 AM, Coreece said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uacxPmj2PlA

Can you even imagine living somewhere like this?!?! I CAN! 

(edited)

Was getting ready and scouting the terrain for my big solo river kayaking fireworks "remembrance" trip over the holiday week.  On the way back home riding my bike through town, some younger kid (probably slow in some regard, like we all are in some way, shape or form)  was walking with who I could only assume was his mom/caregiver, and he started singing "all by myself".  It felt like he was taunting me, lmao.  But I welcomed it - He was right.

Anyway the trip was amazing-everything I could've asked for.  I ended up on Lake Huron for the Big fireworks show which ended at 10:15. (normally 10:45) I stayed on the lake till midnight watching everyone blast off their private shows.  Long story short, it felt like a tribute to my late wife that  I mentioned upthread.

Anyway, had another epic trip on the river today- just got back.  Saw your post, and that song came back to mind, all by myself. . .

Many years I fantasized about being alone, only to be suddenly kicked in the face with the harsh reality of being careful what you wish for.

Tho now the reality is that at 45, I AM all by myself. . .

I'm all by myself, but I don't feel alone.  I have God.  My kids are grown and successful.  I have everything I need and can have anything that I want.  Life is better without heartbreak and death.   Maybe I'm just still too young  - or maybe I could just die.

Bottom line - fuck that song.

Btw, I could imagine living remotely as you suggest, but I think I've found a happy balance. . .

Edited by Coreece

So on a more positive note. . .Upthread, I posted "I'll wait:"

While that chick is totally smoking and the song meant a lot to me personally at that time, I never really knew what that song was about.  I only  remember it from my childhood growing up in the 80's at those parking lot carnivals with that super fast carousel ride that would spin in circles to Van Halem music, lmao - do you guys remember those, or was it only a michigan thing?

Also, every time I hear motorcycles off in the distance, Hot for Teacher comes to mind - another song from that 80's carnival ride. . .

And Looks that kill:

fuckin' A right?

I mentioned previously how much of my personal playlist consists primarily of lyric-less stock music songs that I've used for tv ads. Here's one that actually has lyrics that's been quite popular in our niche. . .It's a bit cheesy, but you get the point.

Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
We feel alive in the light
We feel alive in the summer time
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
And we are breaking free, now
Wherever we go
I got my head in the clouds
And got my feet on the ground
You see I've been around the world
And flipped it upside down
Yeah I'm a dreamer, a shaker
A mover and risk taker
And I'm gonna' give it all that I've got
Yeah, Yeah
I live the rhythm, I feel it
It beats inside my chest
I breathe the music, so real
But I only want the best
I chase the rainbow colours
That appear without a care
Live my adventure
With my hands in the air
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Wherever we go
So turn that summer jam up
I want to feel that groovy beat
You'll find me tappin' all my toes
You'll find me dancing in the street
And I'll be shaking off the blues
Just like I'm shaking off my shoes
Love every second of this summer time heat
I'm not just living, I'm alive
I'm not just breathing to survive
I see imagination twirled
As I'm living in this world
And with my eyes wide open
Try to take it all in
Now come along and let the good times begin
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Wherever we go
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Yeah, yeah
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Yeah, yeah
Wherever we go
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Wa Oh Oh
Wa Oh Oh
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Wherever we go

And it's my prayer that all of you can appreciate life sooo much that this song actually makes sense to you.  I never been in a crowd this big singing accapella (at 3:16, go figure)  only 9 or 10 of us and it was even more powerful in real life.

All I'm gonna say is just focus on the good in a temporal world (where good can only be measured by bad) in an infinite universe/life. . .

(edited)

I contrast the previous video, with this - the choice is yours:

Our God is an Awesome God

Vs

Lie down in all this piss, you drink it from me every day
I live in a world of shit, been left here to die
Sometimes I realize my mind is meant to go away
Never have I seen your God, so why should I believe in faith?

Edited by Coreece

4 hours ago, Coreece said:

All I'm gonna say is just focus on the good in a temporal world (where good can only be measured by bad) in an infinite universe/life. . .

The temporal world is where I am now, and my nature makes me focus on and look for the good; comparing how I am with the people I know whose glasses are half empty, man, I'm glad I'm the way I am. 

Thanks for sharing, Coreece

Wendy P.