3 3
BillyVance

BillyVance's "You Can't Make This Up" News Stories Thread

BillyVance

Yes, I was skeptical when I initially saw the story, but here is a 5yo article on the topic: https://www.wired.com/2013/03/just-an-eye-drop-of-poison/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

BillyVance

Prosecutors say they are now reviewing a 2016 incident, in which she shot her husband in the head with a crossbow as he slept.

Police determined that that shooting was "accidental", according to a police report obtained by the Charlotte Observer.
:S

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45411562
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Oh my. Somebody sent me that the other day.

They did that because I sat on a jury last week. The trial was for injury caused by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and OWI.

They installed This roundabout near me a couple years ago. I went through it a day or two after it opened and asked myself:

"How long will it be before a drunk doesn't realize it has been put in and goes over that hump at full speed?"

The answer was 'about a week.'

It took almost 2 years to percolate through the legal system, and I ended up on the jury for it.
It ended in a conviction. The driver's attempt to say "it wasn't me, somebody else was driving" failed miserably.

One witness estimated the speed when they hit it at somewhere above 70. No brake lights until just before 'launch.'
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

ryoder

I just finished watching The Wire, so the most implausible part of the story (to me) is that the cops were called.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

BillyVance

from the article:
"According to data collected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 3,213 couples were hospitalized for such problems across the country in 2015 and 3,789 in 2016."

really wtf?
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

from the article:
"According to data collected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 3,213 couples were hospitalized for such problems across the country in 2015 and 3,789 in 2016."

really wtf?

A lot of people get bored with the same old boring sex. They just don't know when too freaky is too freaky! :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Rick

from the article:

really wtf?

I suspect we've all had a vagina around our neck at one point or another. Further, I suspect there was an associated hospital visit in most of those cases.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

jcd11235

from the article:

really wtf?

I suspect we've all had a vagina around our neck at one point or another. Further, I suspect there was an associated hospital visit in most of those cases.

Define "we've all." :o

:ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

When choosing items to steal, it's a good idea to cross "GPS tracking device" off the list.:S

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world/thieves-caught-hours-after-stealing-gps-tracking-devices-from-tech-company/1064820202

Stumpy

Finding it hard to have too much sympathy here

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/01/us/bear-injures-alaska-hunter-trnd/index.html

"A hunter in Alaska was hospitalized after the bear he shot rolled on top of him"

Hmmmm. I'm not a hunter. But I have no problem feeling sympathy for the hunter. Am I supposed to feel sorry for the bear?